My 7 Round Ravens Mock

Im going with the assumption and belief the team re-signs Eugene Monroe, Dennis Pitta and Darryl Smith.

I make a trade, i trade down with our first round pick into the late first and pick up another third round pick.

1-Odell Beckham-WR-LSU- Explosive, versatile guy that can play inside or out and impact the passing game at every level. Brings much need yac ability to the team.

2-Travis Swanson-C-Arkansas- Smart, tough, with more then enough athleticism to operate at the next level. Good size and strength but could stand to get a bit stronger

3-CJ Fiedorwicz-TE-Iowa- Inline TE the Ravens need, will block right away, underutilized at Iowa, flashes real ability in the receiving.

3-Calvin Pryor-FS-Louisville- Reminds me a bit of DJ Swearinger...good size, instincts, versatility, gets his hands on the football and as physical as the come. He wont run great but has enough speed in my eyes to play centerfield in the NFL.

(comp)4. Jalen Saunders-WR-Oklahoma- Lighting quick slot receiver with real ability in the open field. Continues the athleticism upgrade on offense, can cause an OC to think out of the box to involve him, depth in the return game.

(comp)5. Max Bullough-ILB-Michigan St.-Instinctive, tough, with enough athleticism to play 3 downs imo. Can start out on ST's and add depth and maybe compete for a role in time.

(comp)6. Deandre Coleman-DT-Cal- Rotational 5 tech written all over him. Limited upside, doesnt get after the passer much but can absolutely play the run and give you good snaps in that regard.

(comp)6. Kirby Van Der Kamp-P-Iowa St.-Huge leg, good athlete, great career. Had 17 50+ yard punts and 27 kicks downed inside the 20 this season.

Now rip it up! lol

Blog Entries

Re: My 7 Round Ravens Mock

I like the Pryor pick but don't know if he will last until late 3rd rd. I've seen him mocked in the mid to late 2nd rd.

FS and LB are the only defensive positions I can stomach taking in rds 2-3. All other defensive picks need to be rd 4 or later.

Cool Re: My 7 Round Ravens Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Im going with the assumption and belief the team re-signs Eugene Monroe, Dennis Pitta and Darryl Smith.

I make a trade, i trade down with our first round pick into the late first and pick up another third round pick.

1-Odell Beckham-WR-LSU- Explosive, versatile guy that can play inside or out and impact the passing game at every level. Brings much need yac ability to the team.

2-Travis Swanson-C-Arkansas- Smart, tough, with more then enough athleticism to operate at the next level. Good size and strength but could stand to get a bit stronger

3-CJ Fiedorwicz-TE-Iowa- Inline TE the Ravens need, will block right away, underutilized at Iowa, flashes real ability in the receiving.

3-Calvin Pryor-FS-Louisville- Reminds me a bit of DJ Swearinger...good size, instincts, versatility, gets his hands on the football and as physical as the come. He wont run great but has enough speed in my eyes to play centerfield in the NFL.

(comp)4. Jalen Saunders-WR-Oklahoma- Lighting quick slot receiver with real ability in the open field. Continues the athleticism upgrade on offense, can cause an OC to think out of the box to involve him, depth in the return game.

(comp)5. Max Bullough-ILB-Michigan St.-Instinctive, tough, with enough athleticism to play 3 downs imo. Can start out on ST's and add depth and maybe compete for a role in time.

(comp)6. Deandre Coleman-DT-Cal- Rotational 5 tech written all over him. Limited upside, doesnt get after the passer much but can absolutely play the run and give you good snaps in that regard.

(comp)6. Kirby Van Der Kamp-P-Iowa St.-Huge leg, good athlete, great career. Had 17 50+ yard punts and 27 kicks downed inside the 20 this season.

Now rip it up! lol
    Sorry Casey but I don't like it much. First, if the Ravens trade down for a late 1st rounder, they better get a lot more than an extra low 3rd rounder. Second, except for CJ and Der Kamp I just don't like the picks since there are better options available. Third, they need G/T help far more than C and a vet C pickup is a wiser move.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Sorry Casey but I don't like it much. First, if the Ravens trade down for a late 1st rounder, they better get a lot more than an extra low 3rd rounder. Second, except for CJ and Der Kamp I just don't like the picks since there are better options available. Third, they need G/T help far more than C and a vet C pickup is a wiser move.
    Carey lol, but thanks for the input. I went by the trade value chart for the trade. Going down to about 25 to 26 will net you a 3rd. If KO is healthy and Yanda is Yanda you don't take a Guard within the first half of a draft. I guess you could take one and kick KO out to RT but i think his upside is at G. I couldnt find a tackle i liked more then the reliability i thought Swanson brought. It was a bit of scared pick i'll admit lol, safe double.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I like the Pryor pick but don't know if he will last until late 3rd rd. I've seen him mocked in the mid to late 2nd rd.

FS and LB are the only defensive positions I can stomach taking in rds 2-3. All other defensive picks need to be rd 4 or later.
    I agree with all of this, i also think that he wont test great at the combine and people will over think things and he slides a bit. Just like imo Swearinger was a late first rounder last yr.

Blog Entries

I agree with all of this, i also think that he wont test great at the combine and people will over think things and he slides a bit. Just like imo Swearinger was a late first rounder last yr.
    I hope he does fall. I think he would be a sweet pickup in rd 3 or 4.

I like most of the draft, but I'm not a huge fan of Beckham in the 1st. I feel that what you project Beckham to be is what Torrey would be doing in a better offensive scheme to a certain extent. I would rather get a big WR early in the draft to give Joe a guy who, like Boldin, can make a play when he's covered, regardless of whether Caldwell is back or not. Plus, I view Beckham as a 2nd round guy who because of the depth in the WR position might have an outside shot to drop to our third round pick.

If we trade back for a WR because Evans is gone then I would rather see us target Benjamin or Robinson

Now rip it up! lol
    I'm only familiar with the guys through round 5, and I would love any of them on our roster.

Using the outdated points per draft pick chart, if our trade down costs us 450-500 points (16th overall down to 35th-40th) then we should net a 3rd, 4th, and possibly a 4th in 2015 (though let's say Ozzie take a "lower point valued" 5th for this year, since he doesn't have one (Monroe).

I've been a fan of Beckham since the summer, but I think he's 2nd round value and we can get him with our "trade down" 2nd.

Not too many picks later--we could be on the podium again in the 2nd round--by way of packaging our natural 3rd plus our "trade down" 3rd, we'd take CJF.

Finally with our natural 2nd, we'd take Pryor at FS.

With our "trade down" 4th, we'd take Weston Richburg, the center from Colorado State. Texas bred. Lots of starts. Team captain. Lone stalwart among a line filled with the injured, the "green" and the out-of-position. Meaning, he's highly adaptive, aware of strengths and weaknesses, and is used to covering guys' asses.

Saunders can be nabbed with our 4th comp (I really hope we get one!), I agree, but I'm a strong proponent of Jeremy Gallon at this spot, if not earlier in my own mock (which I don't ever actually do :bag:).

Bullough was the leader of outstanding unit at MSU, and I agree with your summary. He feels like a late 4th, early 5th guy at absolute worst, so let's say that we nab him with our "trade down" 5th.

For our 5th comp, I'd look for ECU's QB Shane Hardin (if he declares). Only 6'1+ but he's incredibly accurate. Probably smart since his only other "scholarship" was Harvard.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I guess the big question is would either Fiedorowicz or Pryor (which one was your acquired selection?) worth passing on someone like Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans or Marqise Lee?

I'm not so sure.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess the big question is would either Fiedorowicz or Pryor (which one was your acquired selection?) worth passing on someone like Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans or Marqise Lee?

I'm not so sure.
    I was just whipping up ways to get Carey's prospects (save for Swanson, who I do like a lot) where I see them valued.

But yeah, Fiedorowicz was via the acquired 2nd rounder in my scenario, but would I prefer Watkins, Evans or Lee instead? I would definitely prefer either of them over Beckham with our 1st pick, but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Actually prefer your mock to mine BPR lol

Landshark, your argument is very valid, depends on preference. I personally think the Ravens dont have anybody that really specializes in yac. Torrey can get it if it's there and it's staright line but he doesnt have the change of direction skills to rely on throwing to him shorter then the sticks and expecting a first down. You can make just a real an argument to a big receiver that makes contested catches. For future mocks since i think we should double dip at WR i'll add one of both. I like really like that Gallon pick by BPR with maybe a Mike Evans in the first.