Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 1st Round Draft Pick (ILB)

Best player available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Depends on what else would be on the board.

I wouldn't necessarily not like the pick...I'm 3 year Mosely fan....but I'd think the rest of our board would have to be close to being wiped out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Agreed.

I think BAltimore could have taken him last year had he come out. However, there are some other decent LB prospects in this draft, so I could see them targeting another ILB, but probably not until later in the draft.

Frankly, I think the DL is more of a question mark than LB. Especially if they resign Daryl Smith.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Mega threads aren't necessarily a good thing.
    I agree with this, it almost takes too long to get caught up on mega threads for someone like me who does not spend hours on the board.

But I agree with most of the other posters that the Ravens should try to focus on the offensive side of the ball.

You guys remember we stole Arthur Brown in the late second round last year, right? I know he didn't do much in his rookie year as he battled off a sports hernia or whatever it was, but I'm fully expecting him to step into a starting role this season, hopefully alongside Daryl Smith... if not, I guess next to Bynes.

Nothing against Mosley but the ONLY defensive player I could see us taking in the first, short of an elite pass rusher like Clowney or Barr somehow falling to us, would be Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, so that we can get Elam back to his natural strong safety role. And even then, taking first-round safeties in back to back drafts would be a little weird.

We need to fix the offense.

Blog Entries

Are any bama defenders elite gamechangers in the nfl? Or merely solid players?

Upshaw, Hightower, etc. Merely safe solid players. I don't want safe and solid at pick 16. I want a difference maker.

Blog Entries

we havent invested a first round pick on the offense since...2009. we havent spent a first round pick on an offensive skill player since Flacco. Typically when you get your franchise QB you get invest in protecting (Oher 2009/failed) and invest in weapons for said franchise QB. weve done alright with Smith and Pitta, but its long overdue to spend a pick on a legitimate WR threat. we dont typically draft this high and WRs of that ability rarely fall to the lower half of the draft. I dont see how we dont go WR in the first or at the very least an OL.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    we havent invested a first round pick on the offense since...2009. we havent spent a first round pick on an offensive skill player since Flacco. Typically when you get your franchise QB you get invest in protecting (Oher 2009/failed) and invest in weapons for said franchise QB. weve done alright with Smith and Pitta, but its long overdue to spend a pick on a legitimate WR threat. we dont typically draft this high and WRs of that ability rarely fall to the lower half of the draft. I dont see how we dont go WR in the first or at the very least an OL.
    Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

There's no way the BPA at #16/17 is a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    There's no way the BPA at #16/17 is a defender.
    The only defensive BPAs at that spot would be Clowney, Anthony Barr, Khalil Mack, or Stephon Tuitt (and even Tuitt is only JUST a BPA, I like him but I wouldn't take him above a lot of offensive skill players.)

It's not going to be Mosley. Unless it's a Luke Kuechly type of player, ILBs don't impact the game enough and aren't worth top-20 1st round picks. Mosley is good, but he isn't a Kuechly type.

Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Marqise Lee, or Eric Ebron. Those are your guys if we don't trade down.

I think it needs to be understood that none of us really knows just what the hell BPA really means WRT our FO's decision-making process.

Need, fit, value and those of the other 31 teams certainly play a role.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We should draft Tuiit at 16, then trade up from the 2nd rd and give up the draft for Moseley. That would sure make everyone happy around here lol
    I saw that in several mock drafts n Lee out of usc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I saw that in several mock drafts n Lee out of usc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Lee would be freakin' awesome

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!