Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 535455

Thread: The WR Thread.

Re: The WR Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With my emotional fan hat on...

Breshad Perriman has THAT size.
    6'2-6'3ish
    210-215

And clearly, he can fly with 80 for 1717 (21.4 YPR) and 13 TDs over his last two years.
    Son of former solid pro Brett Perriman.

His mate J.J. Worton has almost the same size.
    A few more receptions, one less TD, and a lower YPR than Perriman over the past two years.
    Maybe faster though, and looks to have better vision.

These guys are UCF.

Puts hack-analyst hat back on...

Nothing concrete to offer at this time. I've only found highlights so far.

EDIT: Just some general stuff.

Worton looks faster. Plays with an edge (reminds me of Decker at UofMinn). Nice jab step, but not a jukebox. Weaves through traffic via vision and speed more than agility. Made a couple of outstanding one hand grabs.

Perriman is a deep threat. Good pluker (as is Worton).

Well ffs...Worton caught himself an ACL. Damn shame.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Couple of things.

1) Rumors are going around that this year's draft class will easily have more underclassmen than last year's record. So I would wonder that actually last year's WR class didn't in fact drain the pool.

2) Where the Ravens look like they will be drafting (low to mid 20's) I would guess that Parker, Cooper, and White at least will be picked before the Ravens' turn.

3) Looking at the current WR corps, if a WR is drafted, said receiver will be fast and probably big or at least medium sized. Leaving aside Green-Beckham, Jaelen Strong people? Funchess I am leery of his vestigial T-rex arms, and Sammy Coates, hmmm got the speed yeah and size but can he catch the ball enough? Possible. He's a project though and I am not sure it is wise to have two Torrey Smiths as your starting WRs.

Ty Montgomery is one I don't have a good feel for what with Stanford's offense: I'm not sure how well he separates but he might be coachable. He's got the raw physical talent. Justin Hardy I would give a long hard look at as he could be our guy. Sucks that we won't see Rashad Green lining up vs IEO in the playoffs as IFO Ekpre-Olomu just tore his ACL. I was looking forward to that matchup. Agholor...I'm not seeing what he brings that we don't already basically have.

So I would line 'em up as Strong in the 1st or Hardy in the 2nd as my top two choices. Maybe Stefon Diggs in round 3 or 4 if he lasts. But possibly there's some undergrad small school kid with loads of talent that I just don't know who could take a year to coach up and blossom into a #1 WR. I figure that SSS and Torrey will be back next year (with it being SSS's last year) so we could in theory develop a kid who has the raw skills before we need to depend on him. And we do have a real WR coach now.

Cool Re: The WR Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Couple of things.

1) Rumors are going around that this year's draft class will easily have more underclassmen than last year's record. So I would wonder that actually last year's WR class didn't in fact drain the pool.

2) Where the Ravens look like they will be drafting (low to mid 20's) I would guess that Parker, Cooper, and White at least will be picked before the Ravens' turn.

3) Looking at the current WR corps, if a WR is drafted, said receiver will be fast and probably big or at least medium sized. Leaving aside Green-Beckham, Jaelen Strong people? Funchess I am leery of his vestigial T-rex arms, and Sammy Coates, hmmm got the speed yeah and size but can he catch the ball enough? Possible. He's a project though and I am not sure it is wise to have two Torrey Smiths as your starting WRs.

Ty Montgomery is one I don't have a good feel for what with Stanford's offense: I'm not sure how well he separates but he might be coachable. He's got the raw physical talent. Justin Hardy I would give a long hard look at as he could be our guy. Sucks that we won't see Rashad Green lining up vs IEO in the playoffs as IFO Ekpre-Olomu just tore his ACL. I was looking forward to that matchup. Agholor...I'm not seeing what he brings that we don't already basically have.

So I would line 'em up as Strong in the 1st or Hardy in the 2nd as my top two choices. Maybe Stefon Diggs in round 3 or 4 if he lasts. But possibly there's some undergrad small school kid with loads of talent that I just don't know who could take a year to coach up and blossom into a #1 WR. I figure that SSS and Torrey will be back next year (with it being SSS's last year) so we could in theory develop a kid who has the raw skills before we need to depend on him. And we do have a real WR coach now.
    I like Strong a lot!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Couple of things.

I agree with most of what you have here -- though I like Agholor down the line in the SSS role (how long can SSS play?)

Totally agree with you on Coates, and that Parker Cooper & White will all most likely not fall to us. Montgomery to me is another JJ12. At most. He's a return man, for me; not necessarily a WR.

Hardy does seem to be the sleeper everybody's eyeing; I have a suspicion that if we went to a bunch of other teams' message boards they're saying the same thing about him, so my guess is Hardy ends up shooting up the boards and goes higher than Oz is comfortable with... as has been the case with nearly every good WR prospect the last... however many years.

Blog Entries

Agholor has been mocked to us in the 2nd. I just don't know. Everyone is saying this year's TE class is really weak and WR isn't much better. We're coming into Flacco best years. Either this one or next one we HAVE to get him a Pitta. Or Better honestly. It's more looking like paying for FA which sucks cause you have to overpay for someone that wants money unless you get that rare guy that wants a chance at a ring. In today's NFL where are they? Few and far between really. Bunch of entitled punks for the most part.

So just focusing on the draft for this thread. At TE you have Funchess (no fucking way he lasts even close to where were picking. Lol our team fights too much. Really with the crap we have to work with in the secondary we should actually have a shot at him.) And O'Leary from FS. Who really isn't but a 3rd rounder in other drafts. According to the experts. There's a few others. All rated low. But we could reach for him and hope since we now have a real WR coach AND a TE coach they can make him really really good. He has the size. And talent. With some better coaching O'Leary could be really good.

Other than that. We have enough 2s on the team. Torrey. SR. MBrown Camp Aiken. Honestly most of them are 3s so it could be beneficial to draft someone high up to lock in another lower 1 Like torrey