Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juan Castillo

Juan Castillo

I think he's getting a bad rep that he doesn't deserve. After all it isn't his fault that Bryant McKinnie is lazy and perpetually overweight, it wasn't his fault that Osemele was injured, it wasn't his fault that A.Q. Shipley shouldn't ever play meaningful games, it wasn't his fault that Gino looked green on the field, it wasn't his fault that Yanda wasn't 100%, it wasn't his fault that Oher sucks, and it wasn't his fault that Rice or Pierce weren't healthy this year despite statements to the contrary.

Also the Eagles had good rushing attacks with Castillo. Duce Staley had 1,000+ rushing seasons in 1998,1999,and,2002. Brian Westbrook had 1,000+ seasons in 2006 and 2007. And LeSean McCoy has had 1,000 yard seasons in 2010,2011,and 2013.

Castillo wasn't fired from the Eagles because they had a bad run game, he was fired because they had a bad defense.

It wasn't his fault the run game sucked this year, how about we give him a healthy (and competent) O-Line and see if they can't get the job done in 2014. If the run game sucks then we can call for his head.

Blog Entries

Re: Juan Castillo

You can't be the run game coordinator, or whatever title they gave him, and then not get blamed for the worst running game in the history of the franchise. It's not all Castillo's fault but he's absolutely part of it. Castillo and Moeller should not be back. Montgomery is the tough one because before this season he was very successful with the Ravens. He's the only one who deserves a pass but I'm not sure he'll get one. If anyone should be upset with Castillo it's Wilbert Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You can't be the run game coordinator, or whatever title they gave him, and then not get blamed for the worst running game in the history of the franchise. It's not all Castillo's fault but he's absolutely part of it. Castillo and Moeller should not be back. Montgomery is the tough one because before this season he was very successful with the Ravens. He's the only one who deserves a pass but I'm not sure he'll get one. If anyone should be upset with Castillo it's Wilbert Montgomery
    This!

I would also add Caldwell to the list of pissed off people.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I agree, I think the horrible running game had much more to do with 1) bad players at C and LG, 2) injured RBs, and 3) Jim Caldwell's play designs and play calling.

2 years ago Castillo was considered one of the top o-line coaches in the game, he couldn't have forgotten everything he knew. He has a proven track record, while Jim Caldwell coached for 30 years and never ran an offense. Know we know why.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cosign times 100
    he gots to go

I agree with the OP for the most part. I'm not saying he is without blame, but I'd be okay with him returning. Too much knee jerk on here. Last year it was a great hire and Moeller had to go, now he's a bum. He didn't just forget how to coach.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I wanna say last year our numbers started to fall in the run game during the playoff run as well i am not 100% sure on this though

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I agree with the OP for the most part. I'm not saying he is without blame, but I'd be okay with him returning. Too much knee jerk on here. Last year it was a great hire and Moeller had to go, now he's a bum. He didn't just forget how to coach.
    Well had they fired Moeller the outcome may have been different. But why bring in Castillo as "run game coordinator" and leave Moeller as OLC? The one question I have is who was responsible for changing to the ZBS? Was it Castillo or Moeller? I mean the O line played lights out during the playoff run and SB win. Why change anything? I say whoever was responsible for that should go.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

People defending Caldwell and now Castillo can stay?

Is this April 1?

Castillo was most definitely the problem, and he's most likely gone

I said this in another thread: Castillo was once a highly regarded coach in Philly, churning out quality o-linemen like butter, some of whom were low draft selections. We didn't have the personnel to fit his system. With a revamped offensive line that DOES fit his system, we might be pretty damn good next year.

Blog Entries

The run game and the Oline in general were terrible. As noted, worst in the history of the franchise. Someone has to be accountable, you have to change things. Status quo cannot be acceptable

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!