Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Jim Caldwell to the Lions!!!?????

I hope he gets the job. It's what coaches aspire to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Strictly Rooney Rule.
    Not necessarily, they also asked to interview Perry Fewell of the Giants, who is another minority candidate.

Face it, we all are unhappy with Caldwell, but he's a legitimate HC candidate around the league.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Not necessarily, they also asked to interview Perry Fewell of the Giants, who is another minority candidate.

Face it, we all are unhappy with Caldwell, but he's a legitimate HC candidate around the league.
    Yep. Caldwell may be a good fit for the skins who need a guy to get thru to RG3. Caldwell got hosed when Peyton went down with no good backup QB...that falls on Polian IMO which is why I think he lost his job too. Either way I wish Jim well if we get rid of him.

No, he's not.

Patriots game sealed his fate in terms of a HC gig.

Blog Entries

a legitimate HC candidate? seriously, they would get a riot if they hired him and so would any other team. With any luck he can be a QB coach next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, he's not.

Patriots game sealed his fate in terms of a HC gig.
    If he's just a Rooney interview, why are we hearing BOTH teams planning to interview a 2nd minority candidate?

Perry Fewell for Redskins job: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...n-perry-fewell
    Lovie Smith for Lions job: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...iew-with-lions

Only possible thing I could find is that Lovie could take Bucs job without interviewing with Lions, and Giants could deny permission to interview Fewell. But neither of those seem too likely.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Are we going to be reduced to hoping another team hires away Caldwell? I hope the Ravens aren't seriously considering another season with him as OC. If so, you can chalk up about 8-8 or 7-9 right now.

Blog Entries

NFL.com is saying Love Smith to Tampa is almost sure to happen, he's their target candidate. Of course it takes two to tango

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If he's just a Rooney interview, why are we hearing BOTH teams planning to interview a 2nd minority candidate?

Perry Fewell for Redskins job: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...n-perry-fewell
    Lovie Smith for Lions job: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...iew-with-lions

Only possible thing I could find is that Lovie could take Bucs job without interviewing with Lions, and Giants could deny permission to interview Fewell. But neither of those seem too likely.
    You just posted three links with the words "rumored" and "interested" in the titles.

When this all shakes out I'm confident Caldwell won't be a HC of any NFL team next season.

And by some miracle he is, he's not going to be very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Are we going to be reduced to hoping another team hires away Caldwell? I hope the Ravens aren't seriously considering another season with him as OC. If so, you can chalk up about 8-8 or 7-9 right now.
    We don't need to hope. He's no longer a Ravens coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    We don't need to hope. He's no longer a Ravens coach.
    Not being currently under contract does not preclude him from coming back. I want him precluded from coming back, at least as OC.

Technically, coaches contracts don't expire until some time after the SB IIRC.

That's why the Skins (and presumably, the Lions) had to ask and receive permission to interview him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6149278.story
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap