Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Full Offseason Roster and Salary Cap breakdown

PROJECTED ADJUSTED TEAM CAP AND SALARY CAP COMMITMENT

Based on all of the above, it is estimated that the Ravens will have an adjusted Team Salary Cap of $127.298M. The team’s adjusted Cap consists of the projected league Salary Cap of $126.3M, plus the carryover of the 2013 excess Cap space of just over $1.5M, less adjustments for workout bonuses.

NOTE: There will be further adjustments for earned and unearned 2013 incentives that will raise or lower that adjusted Cap a bit. That incentive adjustment usually isn’t disclosed until March.

So, prior to the team making any other roster moves (releases or retirements) or the restructure of any contracts, the team would enter the 2014 league year with a Salary Cap commitment of $120.365M, leaving them with $6.933M in Salary Cap space, with 54 players under contract or tendered.

This number represents the “Rule of 51” Salary Cap status for the Ravens. During the offseason, when roster can balloon to up to 90 players, only the highest 51 Salary Cap numbers (and all 2013 bonus prorations and all dead money from released players) are counted for Salary Cap purposes.

http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...gency-preview/
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Full Offseason Roster and Salary Cap breakdown

Great work as always, Ravor! :respect

Thanks for doing this. Breaks it down for we math dummies.

It appears there is A LOT of work to be done. I think there is a chance we could see an entirely new roster next year, with the exception of a few key holdovers.

Blog Entries

Link is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    It appears there is A LOT of work to be done. I think there is a chance we could see an entirely new roster next year, with the exception of a few key holdovers.
    The roster of every NFL team changes by 10-15 players a year so this wouldn't be new. Now if we end up with a roster of 30+ new faces then yes that's an entirely new roster.

Great stuff. My only complaint (and one shouldn't complain about a free site) is you have great analysis like this, which basically says you cannot cut rice, and then a quote in another article saying:

"The cuts, some of them, are obvious. Ray Rice, a big cap number, is gone. Either Terrell Suggs or Haloti Ngata will be gone too. The prediction here is that it will be Suggs who, has been ineffective throughout the second half of the season, despite, like Yanda, getting a seemingly honorary Pro Bowl nod. Ngata has played better near the end of the season but the Ravens have to decide if Brandon Williams is ready to replace him."

http://russellstreetreport.com/knock...ing-offseason/

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The roster of every NFL team changes by 10-15 players a year so this wouldn't be new. Now if we end up with a roster of 30+ new faces then yes that's an entirely new roster.
    What I meant was I think we'll see new faces at prominent positions, not just reserves and special teams. Now, that could be some of the younger guys already on the roster, rookies, or some veteran FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Great stuff. My only complaint (and one shouldn't complain about a free site) is you have great analysis like this, which basically says you cannot cut rice, and then a quote in another article saying:

"The cuts, some of them, are obvious. Ray Rice, a big cap number, is gone. Either Terrell Suggs or Haloti Ngata will be gone too. The prediction here is that it will be Suggs who, has been ineffective throughout the second half of the season, despite, like Yanda, getting a seemingly honorary Pro Bowl nod. Ngata has played better near the end of the season but the Ravens have to decide if Brandon Williams is ready to replace him."
    The cap article and the article that you quote were written by two different people. If you want to argue that the guy who claims Rice and possibly Ngata are gone doesn't know what he's talking about, then that's fair (and I agree with it). But you can't expect consistency from two different authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Link is broken.
    Appears to be fixed now.

Let's just say that the brain trust at the Castle have a lot of work to do in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post

http://russellstreetreport.com/knock...ing-offseason/

This Site is about giving a stage for the "voice of the fan".

Sometimes that means quite varied opinions and sometimes that means opinions that aren't also as informed as others (which would happen if I tried to write a story on things like blocking schemes!) :)