Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Full Offseason Roster and Salary Cap breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    1 year $2 to $ 2.5 million
    Pitta will arguably be the second best free agent TE on the market. Jimmy graham will get $8-10M/year.

And pitta will get $2M? I think you are underestimating his place in the market.

All it takes is one team with a lot of money and a need at TE to make his number go up.

I don't think he will get 5 per but he's getting more than 2.5.

Blog Entries

Considering Pitta's relationship with Flacco, I think he will get a multi-year deal in the range of 3-4 mill per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking 3 years, 10-11 mill with 4 or 5 guaranteed.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    1 year $2 to $ 2.5 million
    In 3 years with the Seahawks (2008-2010), John Carlson averaged 46 catches, 506 yds, and 4.3 TDs

Injuries (concussions) caused him to miss all of the 2011 season

In March 2012, at the age of 27 (turning 28 in May of that year), the Vikings signed him to a 5-year, $25Mil contract, with $9.1Mil guaranteed.

A 28-year old (turning 29) Dennis Pitta is not signing a 1-year, $2.5Mil contract.

ETA: Even if his injury WERE a concern (and it shouldn't be, more on that below), there's no way we are signing him for the price of a mediocre #2 TE.

And here's why his injury will not hurt him much, if at all:

4 games, 20 receptions, 169 yds, 1TD. That's what he did when he came back. Pro-rate those numbers over a full season and you get:
    80 catches, 676 yards, 4TDs.

Meaning that, even after rushing back less than 5 months removed from major surgery, he was already producing at a level that would put him up among the better TEs in the business. Image what he'll do after a full off-season of recovery time, and playing in a better offense.
    Last edited by MarkS; 01-02-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Carlson is a much better blocker than Pitta, but I agree with you on Pitta's prospects in terms of a deal. Hopefully we can get him to take a hometown discount and get him for around $4M per year, or maybe less guaranteed than he might want/expect (with higher, unguaranteed back end years).

Ha. One thing we can say: Dennis Pitta is NOT gonna give a hometown discount. He's a professional, he's not dumb, he knows that his next contract will probably be his last, or at least his last big contract. Pitta does not need Flacco.

My big fear is that Ozzie thinks that Pitta is a MUST SIGN and overpays for him. I hope we do sign him but not at any price. If the price is too high, I;d rather pass, sign Dickson to a vet minimum (much more realistic than Pitta signing a 1 year make good contract), sign Ebron or Amaro in round 1 and give Fursty a chance in the preseason to develop.

I'll be talking Ravens salary cap and offseason plans on The Coach's Buzz on 1300 AM at 6:30 this evening if you'd like to listen in ---->>>>>>

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/the-coachs-buzz/

Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-13-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap