Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Full Offseason Roster and Salary Cap breakdown

On another note, the more I've thought about it, then more I can see them non-tendering both RFAs - Doss and McClellan. I guess is comes down to what they do to otherwise create Cap space, but if they need to find some excess, those two are most definitely at risk IMO.

For Doss, there are now 6 WRs already under contract - Torrey, Marlon, Thompson, Mellette and the 2 PS guys. I guess it comes down to the need for his PR ability, but he faded tremendously down the stretch. I guess he's sort of in the same boat as David Reed was last year, and Reed was non-tendered and signed to a contract that was less than the RFA tender.

In Doss' favor though is that with Jacoby a FA, Doss is our primary PR right now, so that may be enough to get him tendered for now.

McClellan also faded badly, so it again will come down to whether they really need that $400-700K in saving that would come from a non-tender.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 12-31-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Great stuff. My only complaint (and one shouldn't complain about a free site) is you have great analysis like this, which basically says you cannot cut rice, and then a quote in another article saying:

"The cuts, some of them, are obvious. Ray Rice, a big cap number, is gone. Either Terrell Suggs or Haloti Ngata will be gone too. The prediction here is that it will be Suggs who, has been ineffective throughout the second half of the season, despite, like Yanda, getting a seemingly honorary Pro Bowl nod. Ngata has played better near the end of the season but the Ravens have to decide if Brandon Williams is ready to replace him."

http://russellstreetreport.com/knock...ing-offseason/
    Brandon Williams has been a healthy scratch after I thought he played well in the beginning of the season. Not sure what is going on there.

I think the team will try to keep Ngata and Suggs. Both had up and down seasons, but I think they represent that "core" Ozzie talks about that you build around. Sizzle will probably get the extension mentioned in the article.

As for Ray Rice...with all of that dead money I don't see how they can cut him. At least not in 2014. Same with Ngata.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I think the team will try to keep Ngata and Suggs. Both had up and down seasons, but I think they represent that "core" Ozzie talks about that you build around. Sizzle will probably get the extension mentioned in the article.

As for Ray Rice...with all of that dead money I don't see how they can cut him. At least not in 2014. Same with Ngata.
    I think something has to happen with either Suggs or Ngata. That means Suggs either gets an extension or is released. Short of neither of those, I think Ngata could be a post-June 1 release.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I am thinking Eugene Monroe can get at least $8M/year on the open market.

Ravens are going to have to pay up if they want to secure him.

I can see a deal ranging anywhere from 5/$40M to 5/$50M.

Blog Entries

I think Pitta will fall somewhere between $4-7M/year.

He seems like a guy that will better on the Ravens than any other team. I hope that proves true in free agency, and reduces his price tag.

Age+injury should also help the Ravens retain him.

Brian and the article got some great recognition this morning on 105.7 The Fan!

They interviewed Brian and were extremely complementary of the article and of his work in general. Well deserved! I was excited to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Brian and the article got some great recognition this morning on 105.7 The Fan!

They interviewed Brian and were extremely complementary of the article and of his work in general. Well deserved! I was excited to hear it.
    I heard it too. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I think Pitta will fall somewhere between $4-7M/year.

He seems like a guy that will better on the Ravens than any other team. I hope that proves true in free agency, and reduces his price tag.

Age+injury should also help the Ravens retain him.
    I don't think Pitta gets anything close to that on the open market. He's going to take a 1 year low salary deal like so many others to try and get his numbers up for next season.

Thing about Pitta...if he takes a one year deal, he will be turning 30 in 2015.

How many teams would give a 30 year old good, but not dynamic TE a big contract?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    On another note, the more I've thought about it, then more I can see them non-tendering both RFAs - Doss and McClellan. I guess is comes down to what they do to otherwise create Cap space, but if they need to find some excess, those two are most definitely at risk IMO.

For Doss, there are now 6 WRs already under contract - Torrey, Marlon, Thompson, Mellette and the 2 PS guys. I guess it comes down to the need for his PR ability, but he faded tremendously down the stretch. I guess he's sort of in the same boat as David Reed was last year, and Reed was non-tendered and signed to a contract that was less than the RFA tender.

In Doss' favor though is that with Jacoby a FA, Doss is our primary PR right now, so that may be enough to get him tendered for now.

McClellan also faded badly, so it again will come down to whether they really need that $400-700K in saving that would come from a non-tender.
    Asa Jacksons presence kind of kills some of Doss usefulness as a return. I am assuming Thompson is a guy they would look at also. I could see Doss not back.

Definitely see Doss not being back. However giving him a minimum offer doesn't lock us in so why not do it? We could still cut him in training camp. At any rate the WR corp needs a talent infusion.

With Ngata...I can't see a post June 1 cut. Or the only way I see it is if we draft a DT in round 1. We will probably have two fewer DL's with Jones and Cody going away; hard to see cutting a third DL when his replacement will not be nearly of his quality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't think Pitta gets anything close to that (4 - 7 million) on the open market. He's going to take a 1 year low salary deal like so many others to try and get his numbers up for next season.
    I concur. His injury really spoiled his walk year. I do think he will be more valuable to the Ravens than any other team due to his chemistry with Flacco too. There are stupid teams out there who are willing to overpay (Browns - Kruger for example), but I still think Pitta will be a Raven in 2014... Bc