Page 61 of 251 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 ... LastLast

Re: The Case for a Defense-heavy Draft

I saw a Walter's mock from some guy name Charlie who apparently is Walter's right hand guy that had us with Evans. Again unlikely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think I might throw my remote through my TV if this comes to fruition. I agree with you that it is unlikely.
    Hey Dirt, if this comes true then beat the hell out of BigPlayReceiver...my alter-ego, and leave me alone to my wretched, depressed life... Bc

Blog Entries

About Walter...

He is from Philly and every year his mocks for the Ravens aren't even in the same ballpark.

He, like many media pundits, play the numbers game and don't watch tape.

For example, he has Jackson Jeffcoat as mid round pick. Jeffcoat is coming off of a 13 sack season with IIrC 19 tackles for loss and he is 6'5" 255lbs. I have watched a lot of tape on him and I think he moves similarly to Robert Quinn of the Rams. Just based on tape alone, I think Jeffcoat should absolute be in discussions as a potential 1st rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hey Dirt, if this comes true then beat the hell out of BigPlayReceiver...my alter-ego, and leave me alone to my wretched, depressed life... Bc
    Dude, my violence is limited to inanimate objects. Fear not, you are not in danger. :girlfight

Blog Entries

Walter's current mock has us taking CJ Mosely in 1st, Jordan Matthews in 2nd...one pick after ours in 1st, Jets take Eric Ebron.

If we get Eric Ebron and Jordan Matthews 1 and 2, I might not need to see the rest of our draft. That's a winner in my book.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    About Walter...

He is from Philly and every year his mocks for the Ravens aren't even in the same ballpark.
    I don't want to start a rock fight here but their final mock last year was Elam, Sio Moore, and Keenan Allen.

Elam was spot on, Arthur Brown was going at #50 in their mock, so very easy to see us sliding up to take him at 56 instead. Keenan Allen was wrong, but Brandon Williams went earlier in Round 3 in that mock as well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I don't want to start a rock fight here but their final mock last year was Elam, Sio Moore, and Keenan Allen.

Elam was spot on, Arthur Brown was going at #50 in their mock, so very easy to see us sliding up to take him at 56 instead. Keenan Allen was wrong, but Brandon Williams went earlier in Round 3 in that mock as well.
    Some might say their mock was better than our actual draft. *ducks and runs away*

Walter is pretty up and down throughout the year, but his draft coverage is better than a lot of other sources on the internet, especially for an "amateur." (I don't mean that pejoratively, the guy started that website from the ground up and it was all him for a long time, no big media connections or anything like that.)

Ever since he hired Charlie Campbell he's gotten more inside type information and a lot of it is spot on. I do think that he's much more plugged in with some teams than others, and the Ravens are not one of his stronger teams, but his mocks are generally good.

Keenan Allen went in the third did he not, so he wasn't to far off

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    Some might say their mock was better than our actual draft. *ducks and runs away*
    That mock would be vastly better than what we actually ended up with, at least through year 1, and I have no shame admitting it. With the huge caveat that 1 year in is nowhere near enough to judge a draft class, the 2013 draft wasn't a knockout. I gave that draft a B at the time and it looks like a B or C+ at the moment.

I liked Sio Moore more as a prospect than Arthur Brown anyway, especially as a 3-4 linebacker; Moore gets off blocks better, is just as athletic, and rushes the passer really well. He had a good year for the Raiders. Keenan Allen obviously should have been OROY and having him across from Torrey with Marlon in the slot probably would have improved our offense enough to win another game or two.

Walter's current mock has us taking CJ Mosely in 1st, Jordan Matthews in 2nd...one pick after ours in 1st, Jets take Eric Ebron.

If we get Eric Ebron and Jordan Matthews 1 and 2, I might not need to see the rest of our draft. That's a winner in my book.

If we waste a 1st rounder on Mosely, or a TE i will not need to see our entire season.

Too high for a TE, there are plenty to be had in later rounds. We dont need another alabama LB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    That mock would be vastly better than what we actually ended up with, at least through year 1, and I have no shame admitting it. With the huge caveat that 1 year in is nowhere near enough to judge a draft class, the 2013 draft wasn't a knockout. I gave that draft a B at the time and it looks like a B or C+ at the moment.

I liked Sio Moore more as a prospect than Arthur Brown anyway, especially as a 3-4 linebacker; Moore gets off blocks better, is just as athletic, and rushes the passer really well. He had a good year for the Raiders. Keenan Allen obviously should have been OROY and having him across from Torrey with Marlon in the slot probably would have improved our offense enough to win another game or two.
    Allen was a #1 in SD and wouldnt be here. hed obviously add something but i dont think its far fetched to say hed be in a similar role as Doss/Brown as far as PT. Sio Moore would most likely have played the same amount as Arthur Brown.

My point being, we draft those guys and A Brown plays full time, and williams plays full time we could just as easily be saying we wished we had those guys instead. I dont think thats far off from what youre saying as far as too early to tell, but thats pretty much why its too early. PT matters as far as early perception.
    -JAB