Page 217 of 251 FirstFirst ... 215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,593 to 2,604 of 3005

Re: The 2014 Ravens Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Bingo. Tennesee would be a great destination for Hurst. he could potentially replace either Roos or Oher...
    Ha. I think once they see Oher play one full year, they might be a little less enthusiastic about paying him $5m ($4m base salary) in 2015. I don't dislike Oher. I thought he was a standup dude here and is an okay right tackle, but everyone in football outside of Nashville knew they overpaid for him.

Blog Entries

How does Anthony Barr compare as a prospect, purely on the field, to Sergio Kindle when he came out of Texas?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How does Anthony Barr compare as a prospect, purely on the field, to Sergio Kindle when he came out of Texas?
    Better.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    So it's pick 58 and Cyrus and Juwaun James are both sitting on the board, who do you take?
    JuWuan James in a heartbeat.

Richardson is a good player, but doesn't move well enough to play OT IMO. James is surprisingly athletic for his size and was a 3 year starter at RT. I think he could be the same caliber of player as Phil Loadholt or Anthony Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Better.
    IMO Kindle was a system player that made all of his plays unblocked and couldn't get off a block to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Better player, even if you eliminate the off-field risk factor.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    JuWuan James in a heartbeat.

Richardson is a good player, but doesn't move well enough to play OT IMO. James is surprisingly athletic for his size and was a 3 year starter at RT. I think he could be the same caliber of player as Phil Loadholt or Anthony Davis.
    Richardson? that's Cyril..

Cyrus in this question is Kuandijo...

And, IMO, there is a large difference between Anthony Davis and Phil Loadholt.

I think James can be a fine player, but I still think that Kuandijo can be better... worse possibly as well, but I think he has a chance to be one of the best LT's in football, at his top end.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ft-preview.htm

This is pretty cool. It shows the players with the 5 best AVs at every draft slot. Two HOFers have been drafted at 48. I'd be happy with a Light or Butler at 48 too.

I think James can be a fine player, but I still think that Kuandijo can be better... worse possibly as well, but I think he has a chance to be one of the best LT's in football, at his top end.
    Juwaun James versus Cyrus K. is a coin toss IMO. They are equal prospects and your preference really hinges on how much you like to play the risk/reward gamble. As a hold em player, I play very tight and rarely like to gamble, so my fondness is for James, who IMO is a relatively low risk player, although he doesn't have enormous upside. I understand that not everyone thinks the way I do.

Juwuan James verus Cyril Richardson is a landslide in favor of James. Richardson is a guard (which we likely don't need). James is a tackle a far less flawed prospect than Richardson.

In favor of who? Just curious.

Blog Entries

Cyrus Kouandjio...I dont know.

I think the 2nd round isn't a bad place for him though. I think James is a more refined player right now, but doesn't have as much upside as Kouandjio. I mean, Kouandjio could very easily become an elite LT in the NFL. If his knee holds up, he could be very good. The kid is only 20 IIRC.

I thought you guys were discussing Cyril Richardson vs JuWuan James.

And when I say same caliber of player as Phil Loadholdt and Anthony Davis, I'm not suggesting that those two are the same type of player nor am I suggesting that JuWuan James is the same as them. What I am suggesting is that Loadholt and Davis are two of the better RT's in the NFL and I believe James could be on par with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Juwaun James versus Cyrus K. is a coin toss IMO. They are equal prospects and your preference really hinges on how much you like to play the risk/reward gamble. As a hold em player, I play very tight and rarely like to gamble, so my fondness is for James, who IMO is a relatively low risk player, although he doesn't have enormous upside. I understand that not everyone thinks the way I do.

Juwuan James verus Cyril Richardson is a landslide in favor of James. Richardson is a guard (which we likely don't need). James is a tackle a far less flawed prospect than Richardson.
    I think the fact that James is by and large a pure RT whereas Cyrus Kouandjio has legitimate "elite" LT upside, but can also play RT makes CK more valuable.

That's just my opinion though.

For the Ravens? I'd rather go James because CK's potential knee issues are worrisome and he really had a tough time last year (which may be due to his knee?).

A late round OT I'd be interested in is Cornelius Lucas out of Kansas State (6'8" 325lbs).