Page 18 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: The Case for a Defense-heavy Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they won the SB as the most penalized team in the league

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yea but lets not keep tempting fate. Also it puts us in bad position on offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by He/Ate/the/Box View Post
    I like D. Smith in coverage but I thought he was dreadful against the run he couldn't get off block and took bad angles against the run.
    These days, you need to keep LBers who can cover on the roster. We just need to get a trashman type guy next to him, a la Bart Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    These days, you need to keep LBers who can cover on the roster. We just need to get a trashman type guy next to him, a la Bart Scott.
    Yea you right if we can get him at our price I'm with that. What MLB do you like in the draft? Are there any luke kuechlys in this draft?

Yea you right if we can get him at our price I'm with that. What MLB do you like in the draft? Are there any luke kuechlys in this draft?
    I like Skov from Stanford in the the Fourth. If we didn't need offensive talent so bad, I'd say CJ Mosley but it's now way he gets past the early second round at worst.

Re: The 2014 Ravens Draft Thread

I like Skov from Stanford in the the Fourth.
    Ok i'm not familiar with him I have to look him up. thax.

I like Skov from Stanford in the the Fourth. If we didn't need offensive talent so bad, I'd say CJ Mosley but it's now way he gets past the early second round at worst.
    Big Skov fan as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Spikes is a FA too, he is one of the best run thumping LBs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Spikes would a nice two downer.

Spikes would a nice two downer.
    Would not mind Spikes for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    True, and the word around the league is that the Patriots are not interested in re-signing him. Evidently he has some off-the-field issues.

Having said that, the best option for the Ravens at ILB IMO is to re-sign Daryl Smith, give Arthur Brown every chance to win the starting job next to him, and draft an ILB in the mid to late rounds.

I don't think Smith will be terribly expensive at all and he looks to have 2 or 3 good years left. He hasn't been great against the run, but the DL was a big part of that this year. For some reason people aren't talking at all about how inconsistent the interior DL was this year. Art Jones played really well pretty consistently, but Haloti Ngata was very inconsistent and Chris Canty didn't do much after the first few games.

I really want to see Brandon Williams get a chance at real playing time on the nose next year. Whatever they do, they need to do a better job of keeping their ILBs clean.

Would not mind Spikes for the right price.
    He would bring some attitude and swag too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    True, and the word around the league is that the Patriots are not interested in re-signing him. Evidently he has some off-the-field issues.

Having said that, the best option for the Ravens at ILB IMO is to re-sign Daryl Smith, give Arthur Brown every chance to win the starting job next to him, and draft an ILB in the mid to late rounds.

I don't think Smith will be terribly expensive at all and he looks to have 2 or 3 good years left. He hasn't been great against the run, but the DL was a big part of that this year. For some reason people aren't talking at all about how inconsistent the interior DL was this year. Art Jones played really well pretty consistently, but Haloti Ngata was very inconsistent and Chris Canty didn't do much after the first few games.

I really want to see Brandon Williams get a chance at real playing time on the nose next year. Whatever they do, they need to do a better job of keeping their ILBs clean.
    The run defense was ranked 9th right? Halto Ngata had a pretty dominant year at NT, it was Art Jones and Canty who were inconsistent against the run, they were better as pass rushers however. Much better than the year before anyway.