Page 15 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: The Case for a Defense-heavy Draft

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Matthews is almost as good of a prospect as Evans except that he doesn't have YAC ability that Evans has and Matthews is about 2-3 inches shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

They both played against the same competition.

Evans had much better QB play too.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

... My point is now - as it was with Alshon Jeffery - having a guy who knows how to make tough catches in traffic with guys all over him and all around him is such an underrated characteristic for receivers.
    You mean like Anquan Boldin? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You mean like Anquan Boldin? ... Bc
    Yep. However, both Matthews and Evans are significantly taller than Boldin.

Jordan Matthews is fucking dominating this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Jordan Matthews is fucking dominating this game.
    Yep. Told you guys. I've been high on him for two years now.

Imagine how good he'd be with a better QB?

Vanderbilt OT Wesley Johnson is another guy to watch in this game. I haven't really been watching but he's a good candidate as a depth OL in the mid-rounds... he's played every position on their OL over the last few years including LT. I don't see him as an NFL LT, but definitely a RT or interior player. He might need to add 10 pounds or so, he's probably playing at about 290 right now, but that's a fine weight for a ZBS lineman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Vanderbilt OT Wesley Johnson is another guy to watch in this game. I haven't really been watching but he's a good candidate as a depth OL in the mid-rounds... he's played every position on their OL over the last few years including LT. I don't see him as an NFL LT, but definitely a RT or interior player. He might need to add 10 pounds or so, he's probably playing at about 290 right now, but that's a fine weight for a ZBS lineman.
    Agreed. I like him as a guard.

Blog Entries

Munchak fired. Could be another team looking at QB now. Locker can't stay healthy. Previous regime's choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Yup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

For those concerned about Evans and Jordan Matthews and their inability to consistently separate...the same folks said the same things about Alshon Jeffery.

I think most would agree that the SEC has the best defenders in college. Yet, these two receivers have consistently produced against that top tiered competition for multiple seasons.

Additionally, I'd love to have a guy who can separate consistently from DB's, but how often so receivers get completely open, uncontested looks in the NFL? Unless it is broken coverage or a comeback route on a defender who is playing FAR too deep...it rarely happens.

My point is now - as it was with Alshon Jeffery - having a guy who knows how to make tough catches in traffic with guys all over him and all around him is such an underrated characteristic for receivers.
    [/URL]
    They also said that about Mike Williams, Jonathan Baldwin, and Michael Crabtree, with various degrees of correctness.

I totally get where you're coming from in that some receivers can overcome the weakness and flourish in spite of it, but it's certainly something that has to give talent evaluators pause. It's why Marqise Lee is easily my #2 WR in this draft. If he's healthy, he's got no trouble with separation.

Blog Entries

i like evans more than matthews b/c he just seems to make more catches in traffic and is more physical. IMO