Page 120 of 251 FirstFirst ... 118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,440 of 3005

Re: The 2014 Ravens Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You mean guys that are paid by football organizations instead of posting on messageboards? Like me and you? I said safest total package in previous posts.
    So we should all just shut up and never have opinions.

Ok.

I'll remember that the next time a former or current GM or coach makes a decision you don't agree with...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So we should all just shut up and never have opinions.

Ok.

I'll remember that the next time a former or current GM or coach makes a decision you don't agree with...

I may not agree with them, but I will never state I know more than them and question their football intelligence. There is a difference.

I may not agree with them, but I will never state I know more than them. There is a difference.
    I never said I did.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I may not agree with them, but I will never state I know more than them and question their football intelligence. There is a difference.
    Those "experts" don't know everything, I can't remember anyone criticising Jamarcus Russell too much

Blog Entries

I'm still hoping Mike Evans falls to Baltimore because of other teams moving up to take linemen, pass rushers, and quarterbacks.

I think they also have to strongly consider Jordan Matthews in round 1. Maybe not at 17, but in round 1. He won't be there in round 2 when they pick. No way.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm still hoping Mike Evans falls to Baltimore because of other teams moving up to take linemen, pass rushers, and quarterbacks.

I think they also have to strongly consider Jordan Matthews in round 1. Maybe not at 17, but in round 1. He won't be there in round 2 when they pick. No way.
    Same here. I think Evans could really help Flacco. Big, tall, target with good hands that can jump! I know some folks are going to say we have Marlon Brown, but, You can't have too many weapons. My hope is that Ozzie fixes the Oline before the draft, other teams have other needs, and we snag Evans at 17!

If I was Ozzie I'd have to think hard about trading up for that guy..if necessary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    And he lacks suddenness, separation, and elusiveness. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy a lot as a prospect, but he's not without holes in his game.

The SEC East really isn't that great of a division. The West is much more stacked. And I think playing under one of the best offensive minds in CFB compensates for the lack of QB.
    So going by that logic, Sammy Watkins racking up yards in the ACC could be considered a slight against him too then, right?

I think if you go back and look at some of the numbers Matthews produced against a lot of SEC teams, you'd see that he was indeed quite a productive player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    ... If I was Ozzie I'd have to think hard about trading up for that guy..if necessary.
    Again, we don't have the ammo to trade up. We are without 4th and 5th round picks. Are you suggesting we trade our 2nd or 3rd? I'll make a "gentleman's bet" that Ozzie wouldn't do that. Anyway, this is a pretty deep draft, so there should be an impact player available @ #17 IMO... Bc

So going by that logic, Sammy Watkins racking up yards in the ACC could be considered a slight against him too then, right?

I think if you go back and look at some of the numbers Matthews produced against a lot of SEC teams, you'd see that he was indeed quite a productive player.
    When did I say it was a slight against him? I simply corrected the assertion that he played in the toughest division in college football.

Blog Entries

When did I say it was a slight against him? I simply corrected the assertion that he played in the toughest division in college football.
    Sure seems like you were arguing that Matthews production came against "not that great" competition.

Production is production and Matthews produced against top competition with a lackluster QB. That says a lot IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure seems like you were arguing that Matthews production came against "not that great" competition.

Production is production and Matthews produced against top competition with a lackluster QB. That says a lot IMO.
    Oh please. I was responding to a guy that was basically calling him the perfect prospect.

The only (slightly) negative word I said about production was 'Who cares about records?', which is a perfectly valid question considering how long heavy passing offenses have been around.

Blog Entries

Oh please. I was responding to a guy that was basically calling him the perfect prospect.

The only (slightly) negative word I said about production was 'Who cares about records?', which is a perfectly valid question considering how long heavy passing offenses have been around.
    I said safest. In what world does safest mean perfect?