Page 10 of 251 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: The Case for a Defense-heavy Draft

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Lee would certainly be the kind of WR I'd think we'd be looking at. If this was last year I'd say, yes, no doubt about it.

If Lee can erase the memory of whatever went wrong at USC this year, I think he fits the bill exactly. As far as availability when we draft... we'll know better after the Combine. Right now it's maybe a little less than 50/50 that he'll be there when we pick.

As far as the sequence of picking, IMHO the O line is the bigger need. In fact, I'd say right now if we re-sign Monroe, our priorities are still C-RT-CB (Graham is probably gone).

Since Center and Tackle are positiosn that impacts both the running and passing games, seems to me they'd be much higher priority. You can have success with lesser skill guys if you have a killer line.

My gut feeling is they get dead-serious about building a fortress in front of Joe. If they do go WR in round one, to me its either Lee or Allen Robinson.
    Allen Robinson is my wideout. I'd go crazy if we managed amaro and him in rounds one and two, then take a right tackle like morgan Moses in round 3. That's my draft.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Harbs probably want the most religious WR. Enter Jordan Matthews.
    Abbrederis is right with him.

http://beyondtheultimate.com/athlete/Jared-Abbrederis

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

Both seem like good guys.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I feel like since this draft is so deep at reciever you have to take the BPA. If Mosley or a top OT are there you have to take him. I feel like Mosley would make an immediate impact on the defense. Plus I'm very weary if using a first on a WR, too much bust potential unless it's Watkins I'm waiting on WR.

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    I feel like since this draft is so deep at reciever you have to take the BPA. If Mosley or a top OT are there you have to take him. I feel like Mosley would make an immediate impact on the defense. Plus I'm very weary if using a first on a WR, too much bust potential unless it's Watkins I'm waiting on WR.
    I actually agree with this.

If a stud defensive player or OT falls to us I say we snag them, since guys like Allen Robinson, Kelvin Benjamin (if he declares), along with a few other WR's should be available in the 2nd.

Although, I would love to see the Ravens take Jace or Ebron with their 1st pick and then take a WR previously mentioned in the 2nd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReedDaGawd View Post
    I actually agree with this.

If a stud defensive player or OT falls to us I say we snag them, since guys like Allen Robinson, Kelvin Benjamin (if he declares), along with a few other WR's should be available in the 2nd.

Although, I would love to see the Ravens take Jace or Ebron with their 1st pick and then take a WR previously mentioned in the 2nd.
    Unless Clowney falls to pick 16/17, the Ravens better not go defense in Rd. 1.

The offense needs major attention.

Agreed, but you can't force it.

I think tackle needs to be addressed in round 1. WRs are a crap shoot...I mean I guess any player is a crap shoot in the NFL draft, but I hope you get where I'm coming from.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    CJ Mosley paired with Arthur Brown would be pretty damn awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I would actually take Anthony Barr over JaDeveon Clowney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I really like Jalen Saunders.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I get what you're saying.

WR/TE/RT in the first three rounds would be ideal, but getting two out of the three and taking a BPA somewhere in the mix wouldn't be too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I really like Jalen Saunders.

He just scored! Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    FWIW
    Surprised he didn't name Watkins there too.