Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

NFL.Com Final Mock Draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts

It's very interesting because the 9 mocks they list have very different picks for the Ravens.

Ebron gets 2 picks. Dix, Lewan, Mosley, Beckham, Martin, Pryor and Jerrigan each get 1.

So, out of 9 people picking just 2 agree on who the Ravens 1st round pick will be! Tells me that no one knows much of anything this year and we should get ready for anything.

Re: NFL.Com Final Mock Draft

that is very interesting ------- I can't wait !

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

It's very interesting because the 9 mocks they list have very different picks for the Ravens.

Ebron gets 2 picks. Dix, Lewan, Mosley, Beckham, Martin, Pryor and Jerrigan each get 1.

So, out of 9 people picking just 2 agree on who the Ravens 1st round pick will be! Tells me that no one knows much of anything this year and we should get ready for anything.
    Jernigan? WTF??? I would bet my left nut to win $100 that we don't take him at #17.

This is one of the suspenseful drafts I can remember. It's hard enough to guess at 17...people have no idea what's going on in the top 5. IMHO, only Clowney and Greg Robinson are guarantees to go in the top 5...followed closely by Mack and Watkins.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This shows me that the other 31 teams drafting may have no idea what we are going to do either. Check and mate.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Jernigan? Wow. I admit I hadn't given him much thought at all....... I felt if we were going DL we would look at Hageman or even Nix first.

Can tomorrow night just get here already? LOL
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Jernigan? WTF??? I would bet my left nut to win $100 that we don't take him at #17.
    I don't get that one either. But the results are all over the place so I don't want to completely discount it.

I don't get that one either. But the results are all over the place so I don't want to completely discount it.
    I think people are looking at Ngata on the downslope of his career and Cody as mediocre. Jernigan can be a disruptive force. First team all-ACC. "Still scratching the surface of his potential" per his scouting report. The truth of the matter is we have no idea what the Ravens board looks like because we have no idea what their scouts think. Maybe they think Jernigan is the second coming of Ngata, maybe they trade down an pick him up. I have no idea. None of us do, lol, is it Thursday yet?

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Jernigan? Wow. I admit I hadn't given him much thought at all....... I felt if we were going DL we would look at Hageman or even Nix first.
    Before I even clicked on the link to read who made this prediction (Chase Goodbread, WTF!?) I thought to myself, 'I bet someone just looked at the list of free agents the team lost and plugged in a replacement for Jones.' Sure enough:

With defensive lineman Arthur Jones moving on, this pick makes good sense for Baltimore.
    Seems lazy.

Anyway, while there is little agreement across this set of mocks, I noticed more agreement over on the CBS website. Although, admittedly, the popular choice there didn't even make the list from the NFL.com mocks.

Over on CBS three out five mockers predict Jimmie Ward as the pick. Ebron gets one vote. and Clinton-Dix the other vote. Meaning, between these 14 mock drafters, Ward, Ebron and Dix get 8 of the guesses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    This shows me that the other 31 teams drafting may have no idea what we are going to do either. Check and mate.
    No doubt. Who knows where the QBs will go or how many trades there will be. Very deep draft and lots of teams hoping to acquire more picks. No doubt the fun will start with the first curve ball pick and then the dominoes start to fall. Got my beer iced down :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

i'll be munching pop corn in the hot tub while watching.