Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Stealers got screwed

I was reading one of the Steelers forums this morning (for a good laugh) and one of their yinzer fans blamed Bill Levy for purposely screwing them out of the playoffs because he's still trying to apologize to the Seahawks for dicking them in the Super Bowl. Talk about good comedy. I was LOL'ing at the posts over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    According to profootballtalk there should have been a flag thrown on the missed KC late FG because the chargers had too many men on one side of the center than is allowed for aFG attempt. Per Florio they will acknowledge the error tomorrow.
    Pretty ironic since (I believe) the referee was Bill Leavy. This is the same guy who gift-wrapped the super bowl for the steelers when they played the seahawks

Missed calls is the norm for the NFL refs. It gives the fans something to bitch about. Every team suffers from bad or missed calls. Ne, steelers, and NO have had their share of game changing calls go for them. Karma is something most fans believe in, real shame the steelers missed the post season. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I was reading one of the Steelers forums this morning (for a good laugh) and one of their yinzer fans blamed Bill Levy for purposely screwing them out of the playoffs because he's still trying to apologize to the Seahawks for dicking them in the Super Bowl. Talk about good comedy. I was LOL'ing at the posts over there.
    Yes it is amusing to see the Steeler fans whining on their forum. A San Diego fan was there and he raised an interesting point. The 7th player was actually in back of the line when the ball was snapped so it may not have been illegal since there were not actually more than six on one side of the snapper, since the 7th was off the line.

Stealers were robbed,that's funny. Truthfully, I think they may have done some damage in the playoffs they were playing well for the past month and Bells going to be a good one, Now Cincy gets the #1 gauntlet schedule next year. Do we have a 2nd or 3rd place schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    Well said. Let them suffer all spring and summer thinking that their Steelers should have been in the playoffs.
    They certainly shouldn't be thinking that their Steelers "should" have been in the playoffs.

If Pitt had lost earlier, and it was the Ravens who needed KC to win to back into the playoffs, I still wouldn't have felt like we deserved it. I would have been shocked that we actually got that close, to be honest.

No one at 8-8 ever should be allowed to think they deserve to be in the playoffs. I'm sure there are many Yinzers who think that anyway, of course.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, he was born and raised in West Virginia and he's on record saying he grew up hating the Steelers.

He was also the only outlet that talked about Ben's rape allegations weeks before ESPN reported on it.

Sounds like you don't read him very often. He roasts all 32 teams. That's his schtick.
    He wrote a column on PFT a few weeks ago about a man dying who used to run a youth center in Pittsburgh, and how Florio and his dad used to go there quite a bit. He now resided in WVA; that doesn't mean he was born there. And I do read the site quite a bit. No need to be condescending.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-30-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    They certainly shouldn't be thinking that their Steelers "should" have been in the playoffs.

If Pitt had lost earlier, and it was the Ravens who needed KC to win to back into the playoffs, I still wouldn't have felt like we deserved it. I would have been shocked that we actually got that close, to be honest.

No one at 8-8 ever should be allowed to think they deserve to be in the playoffs. I'm sure there are many Yinzers who think that anyway, of course.
    Agree! I would be a very disappointed Cardinals' fan. Arizona finished 10-6 and didn't even get into the playoffs.

Rumor or truth? The NFL will be expanding the number of teams making it into the playoffs by two.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Do we have a 2nd or 3rd place schedule?
    3rd...and it could be the difference in 2 potential wins between the 2nd place Steelers. Ravens get the Dolphins, a team that seemed to regress and is rumored to be making coaching changes, and not the resurgent Jets that have double-down on Rex for next season. And the Ravens get the Chargers, which will be a challenge for sure, but not as much as the 11-win Chiefs. Jacksonville vs. Titans is probably a wash.

At least the chargers are here. Hopefully in Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He wrote a column on PFT a few weeks ago about a man dying who used to run a youth center in Pittsburgh, and how Florio and his dad used to go there quite a bit.
    So visiting a Pittsburgh youth center makes one a Steelers fan? So I guess I am a Charger fans because as a kid I would visit family on the west coast and go to their football camp?

He now resided in WVA; that doesn't mean he was born there
    Might want to read this ....

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sp...orio.html?_r=0

Discusses how he was the only one reporting the rape allegations against Ben and his upbringing.

And yes, he was born and raised in Wheeling, WV ...

http://wvrecord.com/news/219717-west...-goes-big-time

And I do read the site quite a bit. No need to be condescending.
    Not being condescending at all. IMO, you don't read the site very much. He is always mocking teams, Steelers included.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Agree! I would be a very disappointed Cardinals' fan. Arizona finished 10-6 and didn't even get into the playoffs.

Rumor or truth? The NFL will be expanding the number of teams making it into the playoffs by two.
    Maybe. It's up for discussion (again) by the Competition Committee in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ility-for-2015