Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 Schedule

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: 2014 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Went to Houston last year. Thought it was a terrible road trip. Worst city I visited for aroad trip ever.
    Never been but my guess is the nearby Galveston would be the place to stay.

Well, since I live in NC, any game will be a road trip for me, but I'm looking at hopefully going to M&T for the Panthers and Titans games. Will know for certain once the actual schedule is out. :)

My worst experience so far will have to be Jax. I think that's mainly due to the fact that the Ravens were embarrassed lol The fans were complete arseholes after the win. Were tolerable and joking on their team during the game, but once they won, they turned into complete arses!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would actually like to see them sign Chad Henne. He's prone to a lot of interceptions as well, but he has a big arm like Flacco.
    Would be cheap. He's UFA then?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Would be cheap. He's UFA then?
    Yeppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    You're eliminating the possibility that while QB is a very important position, it is not the ONLY thing you need to have success.

I would posit that the truth is in between: to have success, you NEED a good, quality starting QB. You also NEED other things (like a defense, a running game, some receivers, and some luck.)

Your dual alternatives boil down to "since paying a QB doesn't guarantee us winning, we shouldn't pay a QB." I have to disagree.
    HOW important, though? If a team with a great QB can still have a piss poor passing game, doesn't it stand to reason that other factors would be more important to the passing game's success? There's a limited amount of money we can spend - if it's so essential to have strong pieces surrounding the QB, the QB himself probably shouldn't be making such an exorbitant amount of money (which, of course, prevents the rest of the offense from receiving as much of an investment).

For the record, I do believe the QB position is overwhelmingly important, and that the supporting cast is less so. I just believe that Flacco flat out sucked this year, and certainly didn't play like someone worthy of his contract.