Page 4 of 213 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ihe's available - Brian De La Puente, Center

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    DLP is better than Gino but that isnt saying much.
    OK.................. who do you think we can afford?

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone interested in these FAs?

Cutting Ngata would save nothing anyway.

If you cut Suggs, they better be confident in Upshaw and McPhee, or they're going to have to replace Suggs with someone at least decent, Jason Worlids maybe?

Blog Entries

Re: Ihe's available - Brian De La Puente, Center

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    OK.................. who do you think we can afford?
    honestly i say we turn to the draft we have had success in the past doing so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

If you cut Suggs, they better be confident in Upshaw and McPhee, or they're going to have to replace Suggs with someone at least decent, Jason Worlids maybe?
    Is Mcphee even under contract this year? If you cut Suggs, it is a vote of confidence to Upshaw, Simon and the kid from Notre Dame, name escapes me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Some fans want Ngata cut? He's probably not going to the pro bowl this year. No coaches would even want him. Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Really, the more I think about it the more I think they should stay away from these receivers in FA. Not sure I see a true #1 outside of potentially Eric Decker (who is going to cost way too much for the Ravens) and they have enough #2/#3 types already.

For skill guys, look elsewhere...like at TE, where they could retain Pitta and then sign a guy who shouldn't cost a ton like Pettigrew or Fred Davis, low risk, high reward.

WR help is going to need to come from the draft.
    I think the team resigns Pitta but also sign an in-line TE that will be a better compliment to Pitta. Furst can be the third TE.

I honestly think the team will draft a big receiver on the first day and will look to sign a veteran center to push/replace Gino. If the team can resign Monroe to go along with a healthy KO and Yanda the line with the veteran center should be fine. I also think Jah Reid gets a shot at RT if not they'll look for an inexpensive vet as a stop gap.

Have Doom play Suggs rush end spot and have Upshaw on the strong side like we did with JJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Is Mcphee even under contract this year? If you cut Suggs, it is a vote of confidence to Upshaw, Simon and the kid from Notre Dame, name escapes me right now.
    Kapron Lewis-Moore.

He is more of a 5-technique guy than a pass rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Next year its McPhee, Simon, Upshaw, Doom and don't forget Adrian Hamilton.

At this point I can't extend Suggs and if I can use his cap savings to improve the oline or even resign Arthur Jones then I'm doing that.

The Ravens are transitioning away from paying huge dollars to interior defenders or in the case of Suggs players that just are past their prime.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 12-30-2013 at 06:30 AM.

The Ravens aren't going to sign a WR like Tate,Edelman,Maclin,Decker, or Nicks if they sign a WR in the offseason it'll be someone who is cheap and lesser known. If the Ravens take a FS it'll be late in the draft.

Blog Entries

I would love Julian Edelman in the slot for us. How much will he sign for?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I would love Julian Edelman in the slot for us. How much will he sign for?
    I bet NE keeps him
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB