Page 1 of 105 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

The Free Agency Thread

Found this on another board and thought it was worthy for here. Personally, I just don't think the FO likes Nicks or Britt having passed over them for Oher who is soon to depart. They never liked them and never will. There's some other ones that might help. Anyone like these names or add some to the list.

At wideout in free agency, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt, Maclin is coming off of an ACL tear, are any of these wideouts a better option than Jacoby Jones, or could they be had for a contract that would not preclude Jones from being retained?

A name that has been floating around at free safety is Jairus Byrd. Will the Ravens make a run at the free safety? Byrd would likely be asking for a high end contract.

At corner Brent Grimes has been playing very well for the Fins, and could help bolster our cornerback corps.

We could always use a defensive tackle at a good value in the rotation. Arthur Jones and Terrence Cody are both free agents. Cody could be retained at a modest contract, or could another free agent be had to shore up the defensive line, such as Miami's Paul Soliai?

Does anyone have any other players in mind that might be good additions to our roster?

Re: Anyone interested in these FAs?

We have to sign a WR or two. It is IMPERATIVE to get Joe some weapons. I can see this being a very offensive-based offseason.

3. Re: Anyone interested in these FAs?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    We have to sign a WR or two. It is IMPERATIVE to get Joe some weapons. I can see this being a very offensive-based offseason.
    Won't matter much if our coaches don't scheme to get the most out of their talent.

Way our offense is designed, we need a Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrey or Roddy White/Julio Jones tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Won't matter much if our coaches don't scheme to get the most out of their talent.

Way our offense is designed, we need a Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrey or Roddy White/Julio Jones tandem.
    Great point. The thing is, there is talent here with Torrey, Rice and a real find in Marlon. But we need more ingenuity to get the most out of them. We have the most boring offense that I can remember watching.

Blog Entries

Britt, Nicks, and Maclin are all damaged goods. I'd stay away from them all.

I'd rather look at someone like James Jones. It's a roll of the dice though since he could end up being a product of playing with Rodgers, similar to Jennings.

Isn't Riley Cooper a FA? He's a big receiver (6'3'') who has performed well this year. Probably not a #1 though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

6. Re: Anyone interested in these FAs?

The Ravens do things very abnormal and this season is no different. FA frenzy doesn't really start gaining any real steam until the draft is over. the cuts and releases of good players and "sometimes" the diamond in the rough. Chris Johnson is a viable candidate. We"OZZIE" always have something in the works. wouldn't be surprised to see then draft that cat from Towson, Terrence West and start him right away.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    We have the most boring offense that I can remember watching.
    Close . . . . but you have a mercifully short memory if you have forgotten some of the matt cavanaugh/billick iterations . . . . . . they were worse (if you can imagine such a horror)

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoe View Post
    Close . . . . but you have a mercifully short memory if you have forgotten some of the matt cavanaugh/billick iterations . . . . . . they were worse (if you can imagine such a horror)
    True, but we now have a franchise QB. The offense should not be this bad. I should have clarified my original statement.

The Ravens aren't going to sign a WR like Tate,Edelman,Maclin,Decker, or Nicks if they sign a WR in the offseason it'll be someone who is cheap and lesser known. If the Ravens take a FS it'll be late in the draft.

Blog Entries

I would love Julian Edelman in the slot for us. How much will he sign for?

I'd consider cutting Suggs for an Alex Mack or Jarius Byrd tbh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'd consider cutting Suggs for an Alex Mack or Jarius Byrd tbh
    Jairus Byrd paired with Matt Elam would be disgusting.

However, I have a feeling that Byrd wants to go play for his former college coach: Chip Kelly.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.