Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Rewind: Flacco doesn't get contract

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Sorry don't buy it. I could agree with much of what is said however Joe has consistently thrown inaccurately causing the offense to give up the ball. When he leads he leads too far. He consistently throws behind his receivers. When Jacoby was open in the end zone he over shot him. On the last series Brown (?) was open and he threw him a ball that couldn't be caught. I could go on but MUCH of the blame has to go to Joe's performance. Q bailed him out last year with catching impossible catches. The Coaching failed to realize that. Joe is going to have to have exceptional receivers or his effectiveness will become glaring. Even for you to see.
    I agree. Joe is a great playoff qb but can anyone realistically label Joe even an average regular season qb. He has terrible stats, regularly throws into double coverage, and stares down his intended receivers. Many times last season, Boldin made unbelievable catches to keep drives going or Jacoby broke lose for kick return tds!

Blog Entries

The one thing I will say about Joe. When it comes to pre snap reads and manipulating a defense, no, he is not on par with the usual names we mention. However, they've been in the league well over ten years. Joe has only been in the league six years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

In my opinion, I also don't agree with the notion that Flacco is an accurate thrower. He does throw the slant up the middle very well. Other than that he constantly underthrows the 9 route, overthrows the ins and out routes, and forces the ball into heavy coverage.

You need horses for the course.

The FO didn't provide the horses for Flacco to direct, didn't give him a line to protect him or let anyone run the rock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The one thing I will say about Joe. When it comes to pre snap reads and manipulating a defense, no, he is not on par with the usual names we mention. However, they've been in the league well over ten years. Joe has only been in the league six years.
    Joe manipulated SF pretty good on that check-off to Boldin on 3rd down in SB. He broke their backs He didn't even have time to read a defense this year much less check down. Geesh.

When Joe was winning all those PO games last year Charlie Casserly who fed JOe Gibbs all that talent and built the Texans as their first GM said the difference for Flacco this year is he is reading the defenses quicker and knoww what he is going to do as soon as he lines up behind Center.