Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take Joe Out!

Re: Take Joe Out!

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Plus, taking him out in a must win would make him upset with the organization and that could cause far more issues then any potential injury problems in the long run.
    Sometimes coaches and doctors have to protect players from themselves. Shanahan left RGIII in that playoff game last year because he said he wanted to play. How'd that work out for him and the franchise?

Frankly, I don't care if Joe is upset...he should be. But it's clear it would be because of play, but injury.

What is he going to do? Demand a trade because we don't want him out there with a bad MCL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

What worries me is not that it could potentially be career-ending, because I don't expect any injury to be that bad. But a serious injury to his leg might downgrade his play permanently. We don't want that to happen. I'd let Taylor play anyway. This offense was below-average at best during the first half. It's a "why not" situation imho.

Its not in jeopardy at all. He's a little hobbled, but nothing that guys like Roethlisberger has never played through. Just because hes a little bit nicked up doesn't mean we need to take him out in a must win game.
    Either you don't remember the progression of RG3's injury or you're choosing to ignore it. He got his knee tore up because he had a nagging knee injury, played on it in a weakened condition and then got it blown out.

As a result, the Redskins had a banged up QB for the entire 2013 season.

Blog Entries

What and replace him with that Joke Tyrod?? Oh by the way, we need a backup OB too in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sometimes coaches and doctors have to protect players from themselves. Shanahan left RGIII in that playoff game last year because he said he wanted to play. How'd that work out for him and the franchise?

Frankly, I don't care if Joe is upset...he should be. But it's clear it would be because of play, but injury.

What is he going to do? Demand a trade because we don't want him out there with a bad MCL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    A minor knee injury and tearing ligaments are different things. If he is taken out, all we'll hear the entire offseason is "Ravens don't trust their 120 million dollar QB, Flacco is upset, Ravens are a mess, etc".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He isn't even being looked at. Think Pitt would pull their QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pitt doesn't have the piece of shit line that we do. Joe is getting killed back there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How many torn ligaments is Joe playing with?
    Yet...

My question would be who on the starting Oline today besides Yanda is in a Ravens uni next season? Oher is definiitely gone. Shipley was a wasted trade. Gradkowski I am just not sure if I have seen enough improvement and quite honestly I am really not sure about Monroe. Flacco is going to take a lot of heat for this season and my god it is a miracle he can still walk.

A minor knee injury and tearing ligaments are different things. If he is taken out, all we'll hear the entire offseason is "Ravens don't trust their 120 million dollar QB, Flacco is upset, Ravens are a mess, etc".
    A minor knee injury led to the tearing of the ligaments. That's the point.

I'd take him out if we go down by like 20 points in the 2nd half. But as long as the game is still winnable, you gotta keep your franchise QB in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Either you don't remember the progression of RG3's injury or you're choosing to ignore it. He got his knee tore up because he had a nagging knee injury, played on it in a weakened condition and then got it blown out.

As a result, the Redskins had a banged up QB for the entire 2013 season.
    So any time a player has a knee injury no matter how minor he should be benched? If there was a a case where Joe should have been pulled it was in the Lions game when it first happened and it was at it's worst.

I'd take him out if we go down by like 20 points in the 2nd half. But as long as the game is still winnable, you gotta keep your franchise QB in.
    Not if an injury is making him perform worse than Tyrod would.