Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I think Ravens are making a big statement here by not playing Rice when hes healthy in a must win game...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    You know it is amazing how Rice has a bad season and all of a sudden he sucks and he needs to be dumped. He gets no chance what so ever to bounce back in the eyes of some fans. Joe Flacco has a bad season and his bad season is everyone's fault except his. This guy , Rice, has been the one consistent performer on this offense year in and year out, and fans treat him like dirt.

The same terrible offensive line that gets Flacco killed every game is the same offensive line blocking for Rice and Pierce.

Rice is playing hurt just like Flacco. The only difference is Flacco was having a poor season even before the injury, Rice was hurt so early in the season that we really don't know how much was on the injury and how much was on diminishing skills.

Rice has coordinator/ coaching issues to, just like Flacco.

Just saying, if we are going to cut Joe some slack because he's hurt, his O-Line is bad, his coordinator sucks and the personnel around him is not performing, prehaps Rice deserves a little of that to. Besides we had two productive running backs take a dive this year. Not just one.
    See Chris Johnson. People complain about Flaccos contract but Rices was the bad one

Re: I think Ravens are making a big statement here by not playing Rice when hes healthy in a must win game...

Two things: I do think the injury is still an issue. But I also think the fumbles from the playoffs got to him mentally. This tentiveness from him started in the playoff game vs. the Colts.

I still think he had earned an opportunity to fix whatever has gotten into him before we throw him to the waste bucket.
    I'm not sure it can be fixed. Whatever it is that needs to be fixed. I have never seen this type of a thing from a RB as good as Rice was. This falling down shit is embarrassing.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Now where did I put those old Bobby Rainey posts? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm not sure it can be fixed. Whatever it is that needs to be fixed. I have never seen this type of a thing from a RB as good as Rice was. This falling down shit is embarrassing.
    It happens. Great RBs sometimes have sudden collapses - some do recover, but quite a few don't. With Rice's issue being specifically related to injury, that makes it more concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    In the New England game,it looked like John Harbaugh was chewing out Ray Rice on the sidelines after the failed fourth and one inside the five. Ray appeared to dive for the first down maybe thinking he had the yardage but came up short of the first down. It looked like Ray was explaining something and John was not liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    It happens. Great RBs sometimes have sudden collapses - some do recover, but quite a few don't. With Rice's issue being specifically related to injury, that makes it more concerning.
    Well hopefully he can get this fixed in the off season. Hip Flexor injuries are quite common in football and from the little I know about them, they can reoccur if the individual does not rehabilitate properly or if they don't take proper preventative measures.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

You know it is amazing how Rice has a bad season and all of a sudden he sucks and he needs to be dumped. He gets no chance what so ever to bounce back in the eyes of some fans. Joe Flacco has a bad season and his bad season is everyone's fault except his. This guy , Rice, has been the one consistent performer on this offense year in and year out, and fans treat him like dirt.

The same terrible offensive line that gets Flacco killed every game is the same offensive line blocking for Rice and Pierce.

Rice is playing hurt just like Flacco. The only difference is Flacco was having a poor season even before the injury, Rice was hurt so early in the season that we really don't know how much was on the injury and how much was on diminishing skills.

Rice has coordinator/ coaching issues to, just like Flacco.

Just saying, if we are going to cut Joe some slack because he's hurt, his O-Line is bad, his coordinator sucks and the personnel around him is not performing, prehaps Rice deserves a little of that to. Besides we had two productive running backs take a dive this year. Not just one.

Rice was a great all around back during the regular season for 5 years. He has never stepped up in the playoffs. This year He went down with the first touch. Yesterday he ran into Yanda and went backwards like he had been shot. Everyone appreciates what Rice did for the team over the last 5 years but RBs have a short shelf life. His play fell off a cliff this year at an age and time when RBs start to decline. The front office neglected the offense this year. The offense went into the season with Flacco and a great #2 wr and no other weapons. They changed the blocking scheme and the entire offensive line struggled. The line and rbs could not pick up blitzers or any kind of stunt or twist from the dline. That is poor coaching. Rice was terrible in protection and nearly got Flacco killed all season. Cris Carter said that Flacco is put in a tough position because he only has intermediate and long throws in the playbook. That coupled with no running game is a disaster. This team really needs two new coordinators.

Does anyone have a side by side pic of RR from 2009 and today. He's built like a bowling ball now, just a short one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Does anyone have a side by side pic of RR from 2009 and today. He's built like a bowling ball now, just a short one.
    I agree. Rice has put on quite a bit of weight since he has come into the league, which has impacted his quickness and overall speed. It looked like Rice was running at a different speed from everyone else when he came into the league. He was so quick and elusive back then. Now, he can't even break a single tackle in the open field. Rice's contract makes cutting him impossible this year, but he had better come into TC in a lot better shape next year. The fact that he is not in as good of shape as he used to be has probably contributed to his injury troubles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Rookie season: ~200lbs

Yesterday: ~215lbs
    rr.jpg

He is definitely heavier than in year's past. I've been saying all year that he is 15-20lbs heavier and he is still trying to run the ball like he is a nimble 200-205lbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Definitely. Looks like he's found a seat in the doghouse, especially after that display from last week (arguing with Harbaugh on the sideline).
    Didn't help that he seemed to be other than fully truthful with the training staff throughout the course of the off-season, TC, and the regular season.

Blog Entries

Rice needs to not lift as much this off-season, drop about 10lbs and get healthy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.