The Best Player Available for the Ravens.

The Ravens'll draft somewhere between 18-22 this year. I don't see the BPA at this spot being a defensive player even if Clowney drops and if he falls that far he's definitely not the best. If Mike Evans, Marquise Lee, Eric Ebron, or by some miracle Sammy Watkins falls to the Ravens (I don't think it's unrealistic to see one of those guys fall to them) they'll snatch them up because I don't see any OT being better than them unless by some miracle Taylor Lewan, Cyrus Kouandijo, or Jake Matthews is available there. If none of those guys are there they'll take a tackle.

Blog Entries

Re: The Best Player Available for the Ravens.

It has to be an offensive pick. TE/WR/OL.

A high pick for defense would be absurd. We have young DEF guys like Tyson that have flashed this year and guys waiting in the wings like Moore and Simon, that should be able to contribute.

We should draft a CB or S, but somewhere rd 3 or later.
    Last edited by bt12483; 12-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries

An argument could be made that TE is the position most in need.

All of our TEs will be Free Agents.

I expect only Pitta to return.

A guy like Ebron or Amaro would be a big "get", even moreso than a WR IMO.

Can anyone tell me how kouandijo compares to the other top OT prospects like Lewan and Matthews. I don't know much about the guy but have been hearing he could have the highest ceiling of all the OT in the draft. In general I do not like picking recievers high, PTSD of Travis Taylor come to mind but I think this draft class has a lot of studs in it. Either top OT or TE I think is the way to go unless Watkins falls. Ebron may be an athletic freak bu doesn't he have issues wih catching the football consistently? I don't want a hyped up Ed Dickson in the first.

Blog Entries

Stephen Tuitt or Nixon Dix are the only BPA on the defensive side of the ball that could possibly slide to our area. They could make a big difference to the team from day 1, as seen with the likes of Sheldon Richardson, Kawann Short, etc.

With that said, I just really hope we get Mike Evans.