Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Eric DeCosta should take over as GM

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Ooh boy. Crazy what one bad loss does to this board!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Lmao one bad loss?? Have you been watching this season at all???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac in Va View Post
    Perhaps he will one day...

But not at your behest.
    Hope its as soon as possible, or you will have basically the same loser type team next year;give him a nice retirement party, job well done and all of that, and lets move on into the 21st century NFL.

Blog Entries

it's like Gota said in another thread, if you want Ozzie gone then you want Decosta gone too because everything Ozzie knows he knows, he has learned from him and will operate like him, Ozzie is the best hands down don't wanna see him go, but he needs to start investing back into this offense with top picks instead of late round linemen who don't amount to shit after 5yrs.

4. Re: Eric DeCosta should take over as GM

Quote Originally Posted by jjmccraven View Post
    I know Ozzie has put together some good Ravens teams, but all good thing must come to an end. The last few drafts have basically sucked, and this piece-meal crap of team we have now is a reflection of needed change with-in the Ravens organization at the highest level. Its a tough young mans game and you need good, smart, aggressive young talent at the top too. No dis-respect intended here for Ozzie, but I think the game has changed so much in the past couple of years that its time for some smart contemporary people to carry on the winning ways in Baltimore, and that's why I say make Eric DeCosta GM for the Ravens and lets move on into the 21st century -within the NFL- and get away from trying to live in the past with this same worn out offense, and the same worn out picks,and the same worn out everything;its time for change!
    :grbac: crazy kids playing with computers

Quote Originally Posted by jjmccraven View Post
    Hope its as soon as possible, or you will have basically the same loser type team next year;give him a nice retirement party, job well done and all of that, and lets move on into the 21st century NFL.
    So... it's Eric Decosta that will right the ship next year? Bring us kicking and screaming into the 21st century?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You're right he is not. There is an obvious disconnect between coaching staff and front office you draft guys like Juice and Simon who hasnt even seen field yet Simon i understand but juice should see some time in this suckass offense can't be any worse than what is out there now. Then you sign guys like huff and spears only to cut them and canty hasnt done shit all season long, those two entities are not on the same page.
    Welcome to life in the NFL. Ozzie picked those guys up on the cheap, hoping to plug holes. Picking for 5 years towards the end of draft makes it tough to reload with quality players. Teams renowned for their front office acumen like the Ravens, Steelers, Giants and others are going to have down years. Injuries, retirements, losing quality players to free agency, and having the time to acclimate newcomers to their systems, all contribute to down years. I think this year we saw just how close talent is in the NFL. So many close games.

Look at Houston and Atlanta. How quickly the mighty have fallen. Look at the Browns and Bengals. After years of struggling, and drafting high, they are finally accumulating quality players. With better QB play, they could challenge Pittsburgh and Baltimore for years. Hell Cincy may already be there.

I'll take my chances with Ozzie and Eric.

Well to be fair his last few drafts haven't been good. Up ubtil this season the last good draft was 08, but now jimmy is finally putting it down that draft is looking great as well.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Well to be fair his last few drafts haven't been good.
    It's kind of difficult to judge a draft after 15 games, isn't it? Or even two seasons. The 2010 draft was the killer that left a gaping hole in the flow of quality players, and it still netted Pitta and A. Jones. One draft gone wrong can set a team back, but that doesn't mean you ditch everything and go back to square one.

An oldie but a goodie. The answer is always, "No."

Attachment 2005
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 12-28-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Don't they teach grammar in Pittsburgh?
    C'mon ed, you know they don't.