Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Worst Ravens Offense Ever

I just hope they don't chalk this year up to transition and injuries and dismiss the real issues with our offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I think he got it; Ravens fans do tend to throw up in their mouths a little when they hear Boller and Marino in the same sentence. Maybe I should have said the other QBs made Boller look like Rich Gannon. Might have been easier to swallow. :)
    I still have my Boller jersey!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The other HUGE injury was Yanda. I don't think the injury was directly affecting him, but the shortened offseason plus his inability to train had an enormous impact.

And you can multiply that exponentially when you are talking about needing (what we thought was) two healthy, All-Pro caliber guards to make up for an inexperienced center.

If we have a healthy KO and Yanda to start next year, I really like our line -- assuming we re-sign Monroe and get a solid starting RT from somewhere.
    Yanda had off-season shoulder surgery. He wasn't injured during this season, and has played in every game. I agree that his ability to recover from that surgery has impacted his play this year though. That was another reason why I was upset with the Simon pick in this year's draft. There were some very good OGs available in the 4th round when the Ravens took Simon (who is the 5th OLB on this team). Osemele had back issues last year, and Yanda was coming off of shoulder surgery, and the Ravens were going to start Gradkowski at Center. It wasn't a stretch to think that OL depth could be an issue this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I just hope they don't chalk this year up to transition and injuries and dismiss the real issues with our offense.
    This is one of my greatest fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I still have my Boller jersey!
    Which one? #8 or #7? I want to know how early you committed. (I've got the 7, cuz I wanted to wait til I knew for sure he was going to be a Hall of Famer.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    It's not a stretch at all if you read what you quoted. Did you catch the point?
    Yes, I read what I quoted. And yes I got the point. And to say that Boller was "freakin' Marino", no matter who he was comparing him to is a stretch, by any measure.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    A lot of the blame for the poor OL falls at the feet of Eric & Oz. Oher... 1st round, Reid... 3rd, and GG as a C in the 4th are all high draft picks. There have some big busts in past too... Terry in 2nd and Cousins in the 3rd. Yanda is really the only excellent OLineman they've drafted recently. Its gotta get better.
    Right on target. Looks like we won't have the $ to sign significant FA Olinemen, so we have to depend on the draft, where we do almost as badly at OL as we do at WR. Assuming we have a couple compensatory picks in the first 5 rounds, I'd be perfectly OK with taking 3 OLs in those first 5 picks.

AND WHY DID WE KEEP RYAN JENSEN ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER WHEN HE COULD NOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Right on target. Looks like we won't have the $ to sign significant FA Olinemen, so we have to depend on the draft, where we do almost as badly at OL as we do at WR. Assuming we have a couple compensatory picks in the first 5 rounds, I'd be perfectly OK with taking 3 OLs in those first 5 picks.

AND WHY DID WE KEEP RYAN JENSEN ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER WHEN HE COULD NOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL?!?!?!?!
    J.O., Big Ed, Jeff Mitchell, Casey Rabach, Chris Chester, Tony Pashos, Mike Flynn (undrafted), Marshall Yanda and Ben Grubbs. Off the top of my head, I'd say we have had a lot of success drafting starting NFL caliber O-linemen. Certainly far more than WR.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Which one? #8 or #7? I want to know how early you committed. (I've got the 7, cuz I wanted to wait til I knew for sure he was going to be a Hall of Famer.)
    #7 for sure. Dawson Creek special

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

J.O., Big Ed, Jeff Mitchell, Casey Rabach, Chris Chester, Tony Pashos, Mike Flynn (undrafted), Marshall Yanda and Ben Grubbs. Off the top of my head, I'd say we have had a lot of success drafting starting NFL caliber O-linemen. Certainly far more than WR.
    And that is the point. We haven't been able to draft a really good lineman since 2007.
    The braintrust picked Oher thinking he was a LT tackle talent.
    That kind of sums up the OL scouting aptitude of the current staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    And that is the point. We haven't been able to draft a really good lineman since 2007.
    Has our scouting department changed much since '07? That was a real big miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Honestly, the Jah Reid pick pisses me off way more than Oher. They frickin picked a Conference USA RT out of UTEP in Cousins - 3rd round 2008. So they repeated that disaster in taking another CUSA RT 3years later in the 3rd round again with Reid. Come on guys didn't you frickin learn anything from your mistakes?? Guess not. Reid doesn't belong in the NFL.