Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
I think they have until Tuesday at 4PM to get under the cap. Maybe they plan on trying to work a long term deal with Worlids before then to bring down his 2014 cap number. I'm sure they've got a lot of options between possible restructures, extensions, and cuts. Whatever happens, they're definitely going to be busy over the next week.

Personally I'd love to see them do it with a combination of extensions and restructures. As much flack as we gave them for doing it in the past, the results speak for themselves. They had a team that they felt was good enough to win Super Bowls and decided they would pay the price down the road to keep a talented team together to keep winning. But at this point their roster is turning a corner and I doubt they can win another one by keeping their current group of players together. So as a Ravens fan I'd love to see them extending old players like Heath Miller and Troy Polamalu and restructuring long contracts like Antonio Brown and Lawrence Timmons. Maybe they'll even do an extension for Big Ben.

I'm not sure how likely any of those are (other than the Miller extension), but I'd love to see it happen.
Polamalu extension would help a lot, but they have until Monday afternoon to be in cap compliance. Unless they've made headway recently, that's a lot to expect by Monday.

I have no doubt they will find a way by Monday. Question is how much they will handcuff themselves on future. Worlids tag was a little odd. That might spell the end for Woodley, but that's a TON of dead money. They'd have to do it as a June 1st cut, because right now he's got more DEAD money than savings. Guy underproduced every year until when he needed to. That'd be like us giving Kruger the tag last year. Just don't think it was a good decision.