Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post game Harbs to team...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: Post game Harbs to team...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Apparently not only does he not know how many scores he needs he also doesn't know what the playoff scenarios are. They lost the chance at controlling their own destiny getting into the playoffs and the AFC North Championship.
    Last edited by bpmurr; 12-23-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Super. Next game how about we make an actual gameplan to reflect the current situation and the opponent?

Blog Entries

Eh, people are going to make more of a deal out of this than needed...

Nick Saban is similar, according to his former players. After a loss, he'll be cool, calm, collected. After a win is when he's most critical.

That locker room didn't need to be put down, yelled at, etc. They knew they got their asses beat. Move on, focus on beating Cincy and making the most of their playoff chances. Don't let our spirits get destroyed too.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

lmaooo smh we are done Harbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    Apparently not only does he not know how many scores he needs he also doesn't know what the playoff scenarios are. They lost the chance at controlling their own destiny getting into the playoffs and the NFC North Championship.
    To be fair, he said once they get in the playoffs they control their destiny again. That pretty much shows that he knows it's no longer just in their hands via beating the Bengals. Sadly, even with beating the Bengals, I don't see them making it in. Yesterday was the biggest disappointment game of the season.

Blog Entries

It is what it is. Started off with the huge penalty giving them a quick score, more penalties and before you could turn around it was 14-0.

Pats played their best game, Ravens played their worst. Can't change the past, gotta move on to Cinci now and hope for help

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Apparently not only does he not know how many scores he needs he also doesn't know what the playoff scenarios are. They lost the chance at controlling their own destiny getting into the playoffs and the NFC North Championship.
    Not sure how you can infer that. He said if they win next week they are in the playoffs. That's partly right. At the moment after an embarrassing performance in a somber lockerroom are you really going to go into the playoff scenarios??

By the way we play in the AFC north:)

Blog Entries

I'm not normally a Harbaugh defender, but I guess you weren't listening very carefully. He said that the only important thing is to get into the playoffs "& our odds of doing that are very good" & continued, "Let's get into the playoffs where we control our own destiny." Which is exactly what I would've wanted him to say. I'd dispute the characterization of their odds as "very good"--but goddamnit, they're the only odds they've got right now & if they have to go out I hope they go out fighting.

(& as for the odds, if the probability of Miami beating the Jets and San Diego dumping the Chiefs are each 75%, the chance that they'd both win is .75 x .75 = 44%. Which is less than even. Bump it to 80% & the chance they both win is only 64%. All is not lost--yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Not sure how you can infer that. He said if they win next week they are in the playoffs. That's partly right. At the moment after an embarrassing performance in a somber lockerroom are you really going to go into the playoff scenarios??

By the way we play in the AFC north:)
    LOL, thanks for catching my mistake. I got us confused with the Bears since we both took a beating yesterday. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ..... Started off with the huge penalty giving them a quick score, more penalties and before you could turn around it was 14-0.
    THIS!!! Once again, a lack of discipline kills this team! I can accept a lot of things, but lack of mental discipline - which reflects directly on the coaching staff, imo - is inexcusable!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    (& as for the odds, if the probability of Miami beating the Jets and San Diego dumping the Chiefs are each 75%, the chance that they'd both win is .75 x .75 = 44%. Which is less than even. Bump it to 80% & the chance they both win is only 64%. All is not lost--yet.)
    Well, if you're going to get all math-y…

You also have to factor in the odds of us winning our game. Let's give Cincy a 75% chance too. Harbs said: "Our odds of doing it are very good, but the bottom line is we gotta win."

So there may be a 56% chance of one of those teams losing, but there's only a 25% chance of that mattering.

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
    Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
    Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
    Mary: Not good.
    Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
    Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
    [pause]
    Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*
    "Chin up, chest out."