Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Who out of the big 4 free agents will be retained?

Quote Originally Posted by slinkymaster View Post
    Overthecap.com salary cap calculator

• Cut Leach and Koch ($2.8M is way too much for a punter) and we have almost $20M in space.
    • Sign all ERFA's
    • Doss to original contract tender
    • give Pitta 5 year $25M with $6m bonus min salary first year
    • give Monroe 6 year $51M w/ $10M bonus min salary first year
    • sign D. Smith to 3 year $12M w/ $4M bonus

With all that, we're $9M under the cap with 43 players signed. Take off another $6-7M for rookies and we're down to less than $3M. That's without doing anything to Suggs or McClain. Cutting both of them (or trading in Suggs' case) would save us another $11M. Not to mention that these are likely contract ceilings for these players, and could very well sign for less.

We're not as in that bad of cap space (yet) as people think. Sure we don't have the space to go after any big free agents, but that not Ozzie's MO anyway.A lot of misinformed replies going on in this thread.
    Forget that site. No one knows more about that Ravens cap than Ravor. He has 37 players under contract for almost $112 million and a cap number of $126.3 million. That puts the Ravens $14 million under with a ton of players left to sign to field a team. He also mentions the need to use the Franchise tag to get Monroe signed which would be a huge problem and might not even be possible. Check out the article

http://russellstreetreport.com/nfl-d...14-salary-cap/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why Martin? I've seen several OT mocked higher than him, he's likely a 3rd rounder or low 2nd based on what I've seen. Walterfootball has the Ravens taking Cyrus Kouandjio in the 1st. Oz goes back to Bama again?
    I would be in favor of the Ravens drafting Cyrus Kouandjio even if they are somehow able to resign Monroe. They will need to replace Oher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would be in favor of the Ravens drafting Cyrus Kouandjio even if they are somehow able to resign Monroe. They will need to replace Oher.
    Agreed, Kuandijo at RT would be ridiculous... probably the best in the league from day 1...