Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. We need to get rid of the whole "Seven Nation Army" thing

I vote that we dump the "Seven Nation Army" song ASAP. There is nothing cool, intimmidating, or unique about it anymore. Buffalo and Miami use it all the time. If I'm not mistaken so does Carolina. Another team that is escaping my memory does as well.

And pretty much EVERY college team.

The whole point of this was to have an equivalent to the Steelers "Renegade" video, which is played ONE time in the 3rd of 4th quarter.

It just sounds lame now in the stadium and on TV with EVERYONE doing it. Time to find our own thing.

Re: We need to get rid of the whole "Seven Nation Army" thing

Agree with you...
    Thought that they were gonna let it go because we won the Superbowl...
    Kinda like letting go of "who let the dogs out..." after we won the first Superbowl.
    It was great last year... let it go...

the college kids have been chanting it way before we started.

Purple Haze just not purple Rain:grbac:

I think we have more pressing things to worry about.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Agreed, the last thing to worry about it what songs they play at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    Agreed, the last thing to worry about it what songs they play at the game.
    Gonna be a long off season....gotta have something to discuss between now and August/Sept. Guess we could start trying to guess what happens with the Raven's 18th pick in round 1.

I think I'm the only one who likes it...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Right, because I'm sure John Harbaugh would see this and decide to stop game planning for Cincy so he can focus on that...It's a message board, come on.

I agree with the OP. Fans are going to keep doing it, but now seems like the right time to move on. Figure out something new to pump the crowd up. A lot of people say "don't you guys have a fight song?", but who plays their fight song in spots where you're trying to rally? You play it when you score and when you win.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm not on the payroll, not my job. I'm on here to vent and for entertainment purposes. My gut feeling is no matter what we say Harbs ain't listening. I'd like to see purple pants next year and scrap the black spandex also and bring a little more gold into the uni's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    I'm not on the payroll, not my job. I'm on here to vent and for entertainment purposes. My gut feeling is no matter what we say Harbs ain't listening. I'd like to see purple pants next year and scrap the black spandex also and bring a little more gold into the uni's.
    Just to be clear, I'm relatively sure Harbaugh isn't the one deciding on the music played at the stadium...

I know people think he's got a control complex but seriously?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Right, because I'm sure John Harbaugh would see this and decide to stop game planning for Cincy so he can focus on that...It's a message board, come on.

I agree with the OP. Fans are going to keep doing it, but now seems like the right time to move on. Figure out something new to pump the crowd up. A lot of people say "don't you guys have a fight song?", but who plays their fight song in spots where you're trying to rally? You play it when you score and when you win.
    I'm thinking that he stopped game-planning for the Patriots sometime early last week. At least, I hope he did. I'd hate to think that any amount of time went into planning what we saw yesterday.