Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FG attempt down 20-0 --- Harbs actually said ....

They asked Harbs why he would attempt a FG with about 10 min left in the game and he actually said it would put us within two scores and then someone told him it was 20-0 and he said I need to think about that and I will have an answer for you TOMORROW !

WTF ?????

Blog Entries

Re: FG attempt down 20-0 --- Harbs actually said ....

That was about one thing and one thing only IMO no matter what Harbaugh tries to spin it as tomorrow (if he answers), that being not wanting to get shut out. It was nothing more than that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I didn't see it, but my guess Harbs was shell-shocked and not totally comprehending.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

iggyman555 Guest

harbs trolling the media...love it

Honestly -- I would love to hear,maybe I am missing something---

Can Anyone give me a good reason why we should have attempted a FG down 3 scores with 10 min left?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post

Can Anyone give me a good reason why we should have attempted a FG down 3 scores with 10 min left?
    Nope.

Yes, kind of.

The offense gave absolutely no inclination that they could execute on any down, let alone fourth and in the redzone.

As such, Harbaugh figured that instead of throwing away the series on an incompletion and the score still being 20-0, it would be more prudent to log an 'automatic' three points.

With the score at a presumedly assured 20-3 and a full quarter left to go, the Ravens would get at least three more tries, and only need 2 touchdowns and 1 field goal, rather than needing 3 touchdowns had they failed on fourth down and the score remained at 20-0.

As it turned out, the Ravens had five more offensive drives following the missed FG.

Warning - conjecture: When the Ravens scored a touchdown, the score was 20-7. If Tucker had made the aforementioned FG, it would have been 20-10. At 20-10, the Ravens only would have needed 1 touchdown and 1 field goal to tie. Alternatively, and to rewind to the play/missed field goal in question, had Harbaugh gone for the TD rather than the FG on fourth down, and the Ravens had failed to convert, then the Ravens would have needed 2 touchdowns after their first touchdown, rather than 1 touchdown and 1 field goal after their first touchdown had Tucker made the FG.

I'm not saying that I agree, but I hope this makes sense.

Blog Entries

To get the goose egg off the scoreboard. Simple as that

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    That was about one thing and one thing only IMO no matter what Harbaugh tries to spin it as tomorrow (if he answers), that being not wanting to get shut out. It was nothing more than that.
    no way that can be it

All this time watching football and still fans don't know coach speak when they hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    All this time watching football and still fans don't know coach speak when they hear it?
    Are you telling me that you have actually heard another NFL coach say at his post game presser------ let me think about it and I will have an answer for you tomorrow ?

Are you telling me that you have actually heard another NFL coach say at his post game presser------ let me think about it and I will have an answer for you tomorrow ?
    You mean to tell me you've never head a coach deflect questions?!?!

Come on.