Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ron Winter overrules himself.. twice?!

Was at the game and still scratching my head after being home for an hour.

WTF were those two calls that appeared to show Winter's crew overturning their own calls, twice, for no apparent reason. It was like the crowd booing made them change their minds at the last minute.

And no I'm not blaming Winter for our loss. We took care of that on our own even though their crew was terrible as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

WTF were those two calls that appeared to show Winter's crew overturning their own calls, twice, for no apparent reason. It was like the crowd booing made them change their minds at the last minute.

And no I'm not blaming Winter for our loss. We took care of that on our own even though their crew was terrible as usual.
    I was too and got same feeling. His is the worst in the league.

Re: Ron Winter overrules himself.. twice?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

We totally shit the bed, but the refs were so flag happy/terrible. I'm sure Pat's fans were thinking the same.

Maybe the league didnt wanna hear our manure chant and forced him to overrule.....:bag:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

That clown is a complete joke. The NFL are morons putting up with that crap

he's old and borderline senile. he should retire.

They actually looked at the Jumbotron, saw that they were wrong, and changed their minds. Wow it was the saddest display of officiating I've ever seen.

Ron Winter and his crew are too old....period. You can't get any rhythm bc a penalty is called after every play and then a huddle ensues with all the refs. He was the ringer brought in by Bobby Kraft so his Pats would win. We didn't help ourselves and deserved to get killed but if the game was close, he would have made the difference in winning and losing.

Some very tricky tack calls by Winter's crew, but we would've lost with any crew out there.

Blog Entries

Yeah they were pretty bad, but they weren't the worst crew on that field today.

That said, if I were a rhythm team like the Pats I'd be more upset, because the zebras took all the flow out of it. Didn't hurt as as much since we have/had no rhythm to speak of. Calls were pretty even - soft PI's both ways, bunch of holding and ticky tack shit at the LOS. The lone bit of defense I will offer them, since there WERE an awful lot of flags is this -- the old adage "you could call holding on every play if you wanted to" was REALLY true today. There was holding all over the damn field, everywhere you looked. Suggs and Doom where held left and right, but the Gradkowski/Shipley combo was just as guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    They actually looked at the Jumbotron, saw that they were wrong, and changed their minds. Wow it was the saddest display of officiating I've ever seen..
    That's exactly what appeared to have happened on the play that was called a false start on Oher. They made the call.. moved the ball back 5 yards. Oher was going ballistic and pointed at the Jumbotron, and as soon as the crowd started booing, Winter changed the call to off-sides with no apparent other explanation other than he felt the need to overrule his self or his crew.

The guy needs to go.

Blog Entries

Winter is without question the worst official in the NFL, and maybe in all of American professional sports. Tonight was as unwatchable a game as you could possibly get and that unwatchability had nothing to do with the Ravens getting thrashed.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Winter is without question the worst official in the NFL, and maybe in all of American professional sports. Tonight was as unwatchable a game as you could possibly get and that unwatchability had nothing to do with the Ravens getting thrashed.
    Yeah, had that been a competitive game the horribleness of Winter and his crew could have been embarrassing for the NFL. Had it come down to the wire, it could have been ugly. Winter skates by unscathed for another week.... that changed call on Oher I mean... yeah, great thanks for changing the call but.....