Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ron Winter overrules himself.. twice?!

Perhaps I missed the explanation from the refs when they initially called Defensive holding on the play Brady was sacked.....Anybody hear who they were going to say was holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Perhaps I missed the explanation from the refs when they initially called Defensive holding on the play Brady was sacked.....Anybody hear who they were going to say was holding?
    That was the other big WTF moment from his crew. I mean they call it.. they mark it off. the crowd is going nuts.. they show it on the Jumbotron,, and you see nothing that remotely resembles defensive holding, and then Winter inexplicably reverses the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    That was the other big WTF moment from his crew. I mean they call it.. they mark it off. the crowd is going nuts.. they show it on the Jumbotron,, and you see nothing that remotely resembles defensive holding, and then Winter inexplicably reverses the call.
    That play was so quick that when I saw the flag I expected it was Offensive holding, then it wasn't. Totally weird.

In a way, I'm glad we were blown out because there's nothing worse than thinking the refs decided the game, IMO.

I scratched my head on Torrey's catch where the ref threw the flag after the play was pretty much over. It almost looked like he waited to see if Torrey caught the ball, before he pulled the flag so they could look like they were favoring a Baltimore call that was going to be denied anyway. It just looked like he took so long to even reach for the flag. I will have to look at that one on the DVR and make sure I saw what I did on the big board.
    Captain Offense

Winter's crew is legendary for their ineptness.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The overturn on the Oher holding call is terrible. If the pats are in the neutral zone, then there should be continuation of the play and Flacco and the offense should get a free play. As bad as the refs were, the Ravens offense was worse, so it doesn't really matter, but that crew is an embarrassment. Even on the Jacoby Jones foot touching the end line call, isn't that what the back judges whole responsibility on that play? How do you miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Some very tricky tack calls by Winter's crew, but we would've lost with any crew out there.
    This.

To even hint at bad officiating is whistling past the graveyard.

This team is flat out bad.

Blog Entries

A billion dollar league with so much at stake for all fans every week needs full time refs. It seems everything about the game has changed except for the refs. It was painful to watch old man Winter run across the field today to the replay booth.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    The overturn on the Oher holding call is terrible. If the pats are in the neutral zone, then there should be continuation of the play and Flacco and the offense should get a free play. As bad as the refs were, the Ravens offense was worse, so it doesn't really matter, but that crew is an embarrassment. Even on the Jacoby Jones foot touching the end line call, isn't that what the back judges whole responsibility on that play? How do you miss that?
    ^ Jones's foot it was comical because it really didn't matter as the game was over at that point(especially with what happened on the next play) but how do you miss that? and why does it takes 5 mins to figure out? Hell they even circled it on the video board. I thought Oher might get flagged for having malice in his heart, the way he was talking to the two Refs LOL on the false start

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This.

This team is flat out bad.
    Then it's a good thing that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the refs being the cause of the Ravens being horrible. It is simply about how inept the officiating was, for both sides I might add. This crew needs to go, this isn't their first disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This.

I don't see anybody hinting that at all. Just making, imho very accurate,observations about the the reversed calls. I was at the game and it certainly looked to me that they reversed themselves after looking at the video screens...I've never really seen anything like it...and it happened twice. Missing Jacoby out of bound and Pitta in bounds were also obvious missed calls. One of the worst referring jobs I've seen...to go along with one of the worst team performances.