Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Playoff? Playoffs?

As for the playoffs, I still hope we do get in. Coaching and talent has been off this year. But the one thing i see a Ravens playoff team doing is winning. It's another season in playoffs. And I surely would like this part of the season to disappear. And I do believe Flacco is a different monster in postseason. He does play well enough to win every game. Only his rookie yr, he was bad. Any team can be beat.
    Now nothing that we did this yr, show we can compete with the big boys. Here's hoping Rex try to win two games in a row for once. And I'm hoping Cincy rest and then show that air show in Cincy in wildcard. Maybe we get lucky.
    Yup I damn sure want the playoffs. Maybe like Denver game last yr, this NE game, gets us in a bring the heat, relentless pride of being the defending Champs trying to defend in the dance.
    The last two yrs, you had to beat a Harbaugh to get to Super Bowl. I sure hold that still holds true. Beat Cincy. And Rex win two games in row to save your job.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

The Ravens don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year. That said, I still want them to make it. It'll be tough to beat Cincy in their home stadium next week but that doesn't mean it's impossible, even with all the Ravens' problems.

Of course, we could beat Cincy next week and still miss out depending on the outcomes in Miami/San Diego. But even if that happens there would be two small silver linings: 1) It would yield a winning record for a 6th straight year, and 2) it would knock down the last hope Pittsburgh would have of making the playoffs.

Blog Entries

If not the Ravens, then Chargers all the way. They can beat Denver in Denver. How funny would that be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    The Ravens don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year. That said, I still want them to make it. It'll be tough to beat Cincy in their home stadium next week but that doesn't mean it's impossible, even with all the Ravens' problems.

Of course, we could beat Cincy next week and still miss out depending on the outcomes in Miami/San Diego. But even if that happens there would be two small silver linings: 1) It would yield a winning record for a 6th straight year, and 2) it would knock down the last hope Pittsburgh would have of making the playoffs.
    If the Ravens win next week and make it in, then they deserve to be here. Now, will they be one and done? My purple sunglasses make me say NO.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    If not the Ravens, then Chargers all the way. They can beat Denver in Denver. How funny would that be.
    Well, as someone else pointed out, it was the Chargers who played Philadelphia in the Eagles' home opener. That seems to be the prerequisite in recent years to winning the Super Bowl. I don't like Philip Rivers, but if SD did somehow get into the postseason I could see rooting for them a little bit as underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Well, as someone else pointed out, it was the Chargers who played Philadelphia in the Eagles' home opener. That seems to be the prerequisite in recent years to winning the Super Bowl. I don't like Philip Rivers, but if SD did somehow get into the postseason I could see rooting for them a little bit as underdogs.
    Yeah, I'll be rooting for SD and Carolina in the tourney. Carolina's defense is for real. Luke Kuechly is a straight baller. Dude had like 24 tackles and pick yesterday.

OK, the Raven/Pats game wasn't televised out here in my area of Socal so tell me, was it as bad as it would appear by the score? Did Flacco look injured to the point that he maybe shouldn't have been out there? From the comments I've been reading, the OL and RB's must have been doing their usual act which is not what any of us like to see. Can this team turn it around in one week and beat Cincy? I'm torn between wanting them in the playoffs to keep the streak alive and because you never know what can happen. However, maybe missing the playoffs will get some people thinking about making some much-needed changes. I guess I'm fine either way.
    On a side note, during last night's Bears/Eagles game, Collinsworth talked about Chip Kelly's offense and showed the positioning of the players as he diagrammed a specific play. He showed how the receivers & backs were spread into areas making it more difficult for all of them to be covered closely so that Foles had various options. I'm not saying we should (or could) emulate Kelly's philosophy but using some imagination in our offensive arsenal would be SO refreshing. Of course, this assumes that Joe has any time to survey the field and throw which is a whole other can of worms.
    We're not out of it yet so I'm trying to maintain a positive outlook but this team doesn't make it easy.

It was bad, and yes Joe looked like a rusty gate out there. I thought the running game was good and if they would of stuck with it there may have been a better outcome. Bad penalties and worse, bad preparation and coaching, which is the norm anyhow. Got beat in all 3 phases convincingly. Wish it wasn't televised here

Thanks for the report, mrfactoid. I wonder which Ravens team is going to show up at Cincy....but depending on what the other teams do, it may not matter. I hope they at least compete and give themselves a good shot.

Our playoff hopes took a bad turn for the worst not yesterday, but when Levy took a dive at Joe's knees 2 weeks ago.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Yep. If not us, then Chargers or Bengals. They could go far.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    A ravens fan that wishes for a steelers win because of a desire for better draft positioning...LOL
    I know.....Looking back at the moment I now feel dirty and ashamed.

It was a moment of weakness.... I had visions of WR and OT's dancing in my head.

Forgive my transgressions ? Fuck the Steelers
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis