Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I hope we miss that playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I still maintain the SNF loss at home to Manning and the Colts in 2007 was worse than yesterday. But that is just my opinion.
    It was definitely worse than yesterday. Was that game in 2007 or 2006? Either way, It took me a month to get over that loss. The Ravens hold the Colts without a TD, and still lose the game. I am getting upset again just remembering that game.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It was definitely worse than yesterday. Was that game in 2007 or 2006? Either way, It took me a month to get over that loss. The Ravens hold the Colts without a TD, and still lose the game. I am getting upset again just remembering that game.
    i think that was the worst loss for me as a fan..i didnt talk to my coworker (really good friend) who is an indy fan for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    DarienA, I usually do not drop to the depth of name calling, so I deeply apologize for the line "IMO you are a damn fool." Leaving our differences aside, that part of my post was out of line.... Bc
    Don't apologize. He is being a damn fool. What the hell is the point of being a sports fan if you root for your own team to miss the playoffs? Isn't that against the spirit of everything being a fan is supposed to represent? It's shameful and it shouldn't be sugarcoated.

The odds of a repeat seem insurmountable, but the Ravens aren't going to give up and neither should we. As far as I'm concerned, fans can either support the team's playoff bid...or they can leave. No middle ground.

I really am hopefully GaT that at some point you're going to actually read a post in here and step down from the rant podium. There's an actual attempt at a real discussion about what would or would not cause things to change.

BcR no worries. Our love for this team and our zeal for its success can sometimes push us too hard...

I was talking about the blowout in 2007. But yes, in terms of how devastating it felt as a fan, the playoff loss in 2006, after going 13-3, and then to lose to the Colts, as you said without giving up a TD, was just beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    making the playoffs = road game to foxborough and getting embarrassed on national tv.
    ...Again.

Messers Brady and Manning have proved their points re: 2013 Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Horrible fans. Ready to jump ship at the sign of any adversity
    Most of these posters on here seem to be spoiled by the success of the Ravens , have no clue what having a lousy team year after year is really like. Go talk to Brown fans, Lion fans, Raider fans, Bill fans. In the last 20 years these teams for the most part have been at the bottom looking up. Every franchise goes through down periods it is that some franchises recover more quickly then others. The Ravens have had a few down years but nothing compared to the teams that are mentioned above. The 40-70 yr old something fans know what dark days really are. The Colt's were pathetic from 78' until they left in 83' and had a drunk owner who could care less about fans. We then went through a 13 year hiatus from not having NFL football. Some of you posters have no freaking clue what it is really like to have a lousy team or no team at all. Hopefully you will never have to experience a prolonged period of mediocrity. I will always root and support this team whether they are 2-14 or 14-2 because I as a fan felt the pain every Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec Sunday for 13 years in not having a team to root for!!

Blog Entries

If the Ravens miss the playoffs it will not have been because of the loss to the Bengals tomorrow or the blowout loss to NE at home. It will have been the losses to Bills, Browns, and Packers at home. There were too many ridiculous losses during this season of ups and downs. It's hard to make up for losses like these.

If it was the 2007 Playoff loss to Colts that was a heartbreaker. I guess because I'm older it wasn't as hard but my son's took it bad.

Now the 2007 Colts game after playing their hearts out against the Pat's and losing late was horrible. Pouring down rain, Manning going up and down the field making it look easy was bad. Getting soaked in December I bailed at the half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Most of these posters on here seem to be spoiled by the success of the Ravens , have no clue what having a lousy team year after year is really like. Go talk to Brown fans, Lion fans, Raider fans, Bill fans. In the last 20 years these teams for the most part have been at the bottom looking up. Every franchise goes through down periods it is that some franchises recover more quickly then others. The Ravens have had a few down years but nothing compared to the teams that are mentioned above. The 40-70 yr old something fans know what dark days really are. The Colt's were pathetic from 78' until they left in 83' and had a drunk owner who could care less about fans. We then went through a 13 year hiatus from not having NFL football. Some of you posters have no freaking clue what it is really like to have a lousy team or no team at all. Hopefully you will never have to experience a prolonged period of mediocrity. I will always root and support this team whether they are 2-14 or 14-2 because I as a fan felt the pain every Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec Sunday for 13 years in not having a team to root for!!
    Excellent post. I wasn't even going to reply to this thread because of the lunacy of the title.

As a long suffering Bengals fan I have stuck with them from their first year through thick and thin. The Shula years, when we were a national punchline on ESPN and late night shows were as painful as it gets but I watched every game that was televised.

The Ravens have been more prosperous than any team I have ever seen.
    Last edited by CincyCat; 12-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    If the Ravens miss the playoffs it will not have been because of the loss to the Bengals tomorrow or the blowout loss to NE at home. It will have been the losses to Bills, Browns, and Packers at home. There were too many ridiculous losses during this season of ups and downs. It's hard to make up for losses like these.
    This. I would add Pittsburgh and Chicago to your list. Very winnable.
    Most frustrating season in memory.

This thread is still alive? Didn't know whining lives on RSR.....Never Ever Ever hope for a loss. What the hey!
    And the Beatdown goes on.......