Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Re: I hope we miss that playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Most of these posters on here seem to be spoiled by the success of the Ravens , have no clue what having a lousy team year after year is really like. Go talk to Brown fans, Lion fans, Raider fans, Bill fans. In the last 20 years these teams for the most part have been at the bottom looking up. Every franchise goes through down periods it is that some franchises recover more quickly then others. The Ravens have had a few down years but nothing compared to the teams that are mentioned above. The 40-70 yr old something fans know what dark days really are. The Colt's were pathetic from 78' until they left in 83' and had a drunk owner who could care less about fans. We then went through a 13 year hiatus from not having NFL football. Some of you posters have no freaking clue what it is really like to have a lousy team or no team at all. Hopefully you will never have to experience a prolonged period of mediocrity. I will always root and support this team whether they are 2-14 or 14-2 because I as a fan felt the pain every Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec Sunday for 13 years in not having a team to root for!!
    Excellent post. I wasn't even going to reply to this thread because of the lunacy of the title.

As a long suffering Bengals fan I have stuck with them from their first year through thick and thin. The Shula years, when we were a national punchline on ESPN and late night shows were as painful as it gets but I watched every game that was televised.

The Ravens have been more prosperous than any team I have ever seen.
    Last edited by CincyCat; 12-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    If the Ravens miss the playoffs it will not have been because of the loss to the Bengals tomorrow or the blowout loss to NE at home. It will have been the losses to Bills, Browns, and Packers at home. There were too many ridiculous losses during this season of ups and downs. It's hard to make up for losses like these.
    This. I would add Pittsburgh and Chicago to your list. Very winnable.
    Most frustrating season in memory.

This thread is still alive? Didn't know whining lives on RSR.....Never Ever Ever hope for a loss. What the hey!
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

[QUOTE=CincyCat;723610]Excellent post. I wasn't even going to reply to this thread because of the lunacy of the title.

As a long suffering Bengals fan I have stuck with them from their first year through thick and thin. The Shula years, when we were a national punchline on ESPN and late night shows were as painful as it gets but I watched every game that was televised.

Cincy, most of these posters on here are probably 20 somethings so they never had to experience what a lousy team really consists of, I lived through the years of Irsay dismantling a great franchise until it became so obvious to fans that Irsay was not going to field a quality team. Support for the team dwindled then he moved the team to Indy. To be honest if it was not for the late Gov. Schaffer in keeping stadium funding in place Baltimore would not have a team now. We have a local owner who has been a great owner in keeping this team competitive year after.

Most fans would be happy going into last game of the season with a possible playoff berth at stake!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    This thread is still alive? Didn't know whining lives on RSR.....Never Ever Ever hope for a loss. What the hey!
    I read 3 pages - all I need. This thread sucks lol!
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

Blog Entries

The saying goes, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade"--but some of the folks here find it just a tad annoying when it sounds like others have already set the stand up out by the curb & stocked up on ice & cups & sugar & (somewhat impatiently) await only the arrival of the fruit.

IMO there will be time enough in the offseason to argue over what needs to be done, or undone, or left alone re the franchise. Until & unless the Crows get sent home, dum spiro spero should be the watchword.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I read 3 pages - all I need. This thread sucks lol!

+100
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Great thinking since the draft worked so well for us this year.
    So you basing your opinion about last years draft after 15 games?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calvert View Post
    I didn't mean Harbaugh, but Camwell and to a lesser extent Pees are right in the cross hairs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    You would be happy with a team that just does well each season in the regular season? You want to be the San Diego chargers. No thanks. And as to your first point yup we just won the super bowl and only one year later this team looks nothing like that team (in terms of on field performance). Potential? Sure. Actual production? No not with any regularity... But that would be ok with you? Well have to just agree to disagree on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Great thinking since the draft worked so well for us this year.
    So you basing your opinion about last years draft after 15 games?

WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!