Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: I hope we miss that playoffs.

Yes because it'll be much better to go one and our in the playoffs and just be like oh we don't need to change much when it's obvious more than a little tweaking needs to be done to get this team back in to playoff shape. Screw that if you are a real fan BS. I am a real fan and a realist this team is not very good and I feel like any progress in to the playoffs would just be accepted and this season's status quo shouldn't be accepted. We have pieces all over this team where if the execution was better week to week if the play calling was better week to week we wouldn't be here right now. You can call me whatever you want but it's because I want to see this team do better that I don't want this season's scrapping by victories accepted as ok. And screw that jumping ship BS as well I didn't say anything about giving up supporting the purple. Higher standards.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    making the playoffs = road game to foxborough and getting embarrasses on national tv.
    You'd think.

But then you remember we got bitch-slapped at home by Denver last year, and then had to go to Mile High for the playoffs, where we had NO chance of winning...

Point is, make the dance and who knows what could happen? Sadly, I don't see us making the dance this year.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Simon is the only one who hasn't contributed at all.

A few of Jacoby's big run backs were spring because of KJ's blocking...he is the #2 FB on the team that hardly uses a FB anymore...not sure what you were expecting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagner sprung rice for the winning td in miami which kept us in the po hunt til today. he's heir for oher's job next year.

The reason I don't think last seasons stacks up to this one with the usual just get in mantra is that at least in some games we saw a high powered offense that could generate points. We saw lots of mad first downs and ground and pound games. This year I'm trying hard to remember one game where we one and I was like yup this is coming together. Now truth be told my memory is crap...

I spend my time watching other teams run the ball other teams have creative passing play calls productive screen plays and think why can't this team do that?

I just don't see those things changing if this entire staff comes back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Yes because it'll be much better to go one and our in the playoffs and just be like oh we don't need to change much when it's obvious more than a little tweaking needs to be done to get this team back in to playoff shape. Screw that if you are a real fan BS. I am a real fan and a realist this team is not very good and I feel like any progress in to the playoffs would just be accepted and this season's status quo shouldn't be accepted. We have pieces all over this team where if the execution was better week to week if the play calling was better week to week we wouldn't be here right now. You can call me whatever you want but it's because I want to see this team do better that I don't want this season's scrapping by victories accepted as ok. And screw that jumping ship BS as well I didn't say anything about giving up supporting the purple. Higher standards.
    No, you don't get to defend yourself. You are deliberately rooting for this team to fail. Like I said, a total disgrace. If you are an actual fan, you root for this team to go all the way even when it seems to be against all odds. That is not up for debate.

Anyway...

You want to see them do well yet wish for them to not make the playoffs? Don't you think the way this season has gone the front office will go back and figure out how to get better. I honestly do believe they'll undergo a little bit of a philosophy change on the offensive side of the ball but with mostly the same coaches. You're going to have to give our front office the benefit of the doubt.

I Overall I want them to do well. As I've stated I feel like a one and done since it continues the playoff streak might be considered acceptable and it should be. I don't want this team becoming one of those teams in this league that is consider oh they do ok in the regular season but they aren't a real threat. We haven't been a real threat all season.

The same front office that put us in this year's situation? Yes ozzie had a great track history and it made this off season's moves all that more odd.

I've said my piece on this topic average performance should not be considered acceptable. This team should have a higher standard and should demand more. What we saw tonight what we've seen this season is not up to this teams standards.

Overall I want them to do well. As I've stated I feel like a one and done since it continues the playoff streak might be considered acceptable and it should be.
    Oh, and zero and done is such a great alternative? I've got news for you: "one and done" is not even remotely guaranteed. Anything can happen in the playoffs, regardless of how a team is perceived going into January. Anything.

I don't want this team becoming one of those teams in this league that is consider oh they do ok in the regular season but they aren't a real threat. We haven't been a real threat all season.
    First of all, we just won the fucking Super Bowl, so I don't think you have to worry about that.

Second, are you so averse to being recognized as a team that succeeds in the regular season but fails in the playoffs...that you'd rather be seen as a team that simply fails in the regular season? WTF?

See why you shouldn't feed trolls?

You would be happy with a team that just does well each season in the regular season? You want to be the San Diego chargers. No thanks. And as to your first point yup we just won the super bowl and only one year later this team looks nothing like that team (in terms of on field performance). Potential? Sure. Actual production? No not with any regularity... But that would be ok with you? Well have to just agree to disagree on that one.

You would be happy with a team that just does well each season in the regular season?
    That is not the question. The question is whether you would prefer to make the playoffs or not make the playoffs. Nothing more. You seem to be happier with not making the playoffs altogether, which makes no fucking sense.