Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: I hope we miss that playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. Logic should also teach us that having a higher pick doesn't necessarily mean you're getting the best player especially if we're talking about picks in bottom half of each round.
    We will clearly disagree.
    But you did just imply that picking at the bottom half of each round hurts your chances of getting better players. That's my whole premise.

Give the OP a break, he posted it on here after we played a shit game and got embarrassed. I think a few of us have vented on here and at he end of that game I could of cared less if we make the playoffs. A little sleep and let the adrenaline subside and Im still pissed, but you know what it was 1 game, and I'm sure an ass kicking like that will piss some players off. I almost feel like they, and the fans to do was show up after the magical ride last year and the past 2 games had the feel. Nothing like getting punched in the nose to get back to reality. I expect a great effort next sunday and MIA or SD will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    We will clearly disagree.
    But you did just imply that picking at the bottom half of each round hurts your chances of getting better players. That's my whole premise.
    Wow. No offense but you completely misunderstood what I was saying. No way near close. But it's cool

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Give the OP a break, he posted it on here after we played a shit game and got embarrassed. I think a few of us have vented on here and at he end of that game I could of cared less if we make the playoffs. A little sleep and let the adrenaline subside and Im still pissed, but you know what it was 1 game, and I'm sure an ass kicking like that will piss some players off. I almost feel like they, and the fans to do was show up after the magical ride last year and the past 2 games had the feel. Nothing like getting punched in the nose to get back to reality. I expect a great effort next sunday and MIA or SD will lose.
    That's why we come on this board to vent but sometimes it gets out of control. Wishing your team to miss the playoffs so change will occurr in the off season? I'm mean what team doesn't attempt to change and get better regardless of where they end up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    My gut says you are right, my heart wants to be able to say otherwise.
    This is the organization who insisted the offense was fine during multiple offseasons in which we all thought Cameron getting fired was a foregone conclusion. They're not going to force a change on Harbaugh because of one mediocre season without a playoff berth the year after winning the Superbowl. I'd say it's more likely that Ozzie and Bisciotti will spend a half hour of the postseason press conference spinning offensive stats to insist that they were just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't think he's trolling. I think he sees that a Ravens playoff appearance will give Harbaugh more fuel to say, 'See, it can work, we just need to make a tweak here and there', and he will have the front office's support. To me that part is very understandable, because we can all see it happening. However, what the OP also sees that some don't, is that Joe's run last year was a once or twice in a lifetime type run. Some posters think that because they saw one of those two times, it justifies their offensive philosophy, where the QB went off, in spite of the offense not being built around him.

That's where I think people are being fooled.

Now, we can all agree or disagree as to whether or not an 8-8 season will make a difference.
    Was not my intention at all... I participate regularly in the game day threads.

You've stated my point better than I've been able to apparently.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I misunderstood. So Cam WAS good enough to get us to the SB in 2011; just not in 2012.
    Apparently he wasn't he didn't keep his job in 2012.

That's not much difference than a coach eventually losing his team (which seems to be what's happening in NJ and NY).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    If that's what it takes to see some changes happen then that's what I want. We have limped through this entire season on both sides of the ball with occasional flashes of what could/might be...
    IMO you are a damn fool. Winning a playoff spot is not only an honor to our team, that has fought through thick and thin in 2013, but gives a fan hope (like in 2012) for something special to happen. The Ravens don't lose to get a better draft choice, or to make changes to the roster or coaching staff. If we beat the Bengals in Cincy this Sunday, and secure a playoff position, I'll be very happy. Will you? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO you are a damn fool. Winning a playoff spot is not only an honor to our team, that has fought through thick and thin in 2013, but gives a fan hope (like in 2012) for something special to happen. The Ravens don't lose to get a better draft choice, or to make changes to the roster or coaching staff. If we beat the Bengals in Cincy this Sunday, and secure a playoff position, I'll be very happy. Will you? ... Bc
    If you read anything besides one sentence or two sentences you'd already know the answer to that question.

and really? to everyone in this thread... This is the level we've come to name calling?

You aren't the first and i've tried to politely justify my side without resorting to name calling back because I don't think that is the way to have a positive back and forth and yet still the name calling continues.

There really is a polite way to debate the validity of my statement and I have no problem with folks disagreeing with my stance, hell the existence of this and other forums is FOR discussion of differing opinions.

I just think it can be done without the name calling.

iggyman555 Guest

If you read anything besides one sentence or two sentences you'd already know the answer to that question.

and really? to everyone in this thread... This is the level we've come to name calling?

You aren't the first and i've tried to politely justify my side without resorting to name calling back because I don't think that is the way to have a positive back and forth and yet still the name calling continues.

There really is a polite way to debate the validity of my statement and I have no problem with folks disagreeing with my stance, hell the existence of this and other forums is FOR discussion of differing opinions.

:word

I'm beginning to think that might be the end of our playoff streak and to get prepared for a few years that we won't make it to the postseason. That was the worst I've seen the Ravens play at home since the bad old days of 1996-1998 when we were 16-31-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    I'm beginning to think that might be the end of our playoff streak and to get prepared for a few years that we won't make it to the postseason. That was the worst I've seen the Ravens play at home since the bad old days of 1996-1998 when we were 16-31-1.
    I still maintain the SNF loss at home to Manning and the Colts in 2007 was worse than yesterday. But that is just my opinion.

Blog Entries

DarienA, I usually do not drop to the depth of name calling, so I deeply apologize for the line "IMO you are a damn fool." Leaving our differences aside, that part of my post was out of line.... Bc