Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I hope we miss that playoffs.

I don't think he's trolling. I think he sees that a Ravens playoff appearance will give Harbaugh more fuel to say, 'See, it can work, we just need to make a tweak here and there', and he will have the front office's support. To me that part is very understandable, because we can all see it happening. However, what the OP also sees that some don't, is that Joe's run last year was a once or twice in a lifetime type run. Some posters think that because they saw one of those two times, it justifies their offensive philosophy, where the QB went off, in spite of the offense not being built around him.

That's where I think people are being fooled.

Now, we can all agree or disagree as to whether or not an 8-8 season will make a difference.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post

I feel like I'm repeating myself with each post. Never did I indicate that the team needs to be blown up. However I full believe these team needs changes in terms of offensive and defensive philosophy. I actually think this is less a personal direction issue and more a OC/DC direction issue.
    It doesn't matter if it's personnel or coaching. Just missing the playoffs won't be enough for Harbaugh to start firing coordinators. Hopefully he address this terrible decision to go with 2 o-line coaches but I'm not sure he will.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    No. Sometimes you have to come up with the evidence. On paper you could make the arguement but what's the reality? Bring the evidence. Burden of proof is on you since you chose to make a blanket statement. There's no proof that an 18th pick is always better than say the 25th pick. The only thing it proves is that the 18th pick is 7 picks higher, nothing more, nothing less.
    If you are not going to believe, then nothing I post will make it so.
    But SHEER LOGIC dictates that to maximize your opportunity to pick the best player, picking earlier is better than picking later. You simply have that many more players to choose from. Plus, you expand that out for the whole draft, it works as a multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't think he's trolling. I think he sees that a Ravens playoff appearance will give Harbaugh more fuel to say, 'See, it can work, we just need to make a tweak here and there', and he will have the front office's support. To me that part is very understandable, because we can all see it happening. However, what the OP also sees that some don't, is that Joe's run last year was a once or twice in a lifetime type run. Some posters think that because they saw one of those two times, it justifies their offensive philosophy, where the QB went off, in spite of the offense not being built around him.

Now, we can all agree or disagree as to whether or not an 8-8 season will make a difference.
    Not making the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 isn't going to force any significant changes at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But SHEER LOGIC dictates that to maximize your opportunity to pick the best player, picking earlier is better than picking later. You simply have that many more players to choose from. Plus, you expand that out for the whole draft, it works as a multiplier.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. Logic should also teach us that having a higher pick doesn't necessarily mean you're getting the best player especially if we're talking about picks in bottom half of each round.

The Ravens did more than "tweak" the team in the off-season after their Super Bowl. Anybody remember those Ravens "2013 team picture" jokes that showed Suggs, Flacco and Harbaugh on an empty set of bleachers?

Even with yesterday's debacle, the defense is not as bad as where it was last year. That, rightly imo, is where the focus of the off-season needed to go. It is disappointing that the offense has regressed (due to key injuries, bad play and bad coaching, combined).

Relative spots matter here. There's a big difference between the third pick and the seventh pick, but once you get to the back end of the first round I don't think four spots is a huge gap by any means. And once you get to the late second round teams trade around willy nilly to get the players they want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Not making the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 isn't going to force any significant changes at this juncture.
    My gut says you are right, my heart wants to be able to say otherwise.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Cause and effect relationships are not static.

We were not headed to the SB last year with Cam as our OC.
    I misunderstood. So Cam WAS good enough to get us to the SB in 2011; just not in 2012.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. Logic should also teach us that having a higher pick doesn't necessarily mean you're getting the best player especially if we're talking about picks in bottom half of each round.
    We will clearly disagree.
    But you did just imply that picking at the bottom half of each round hurts your chances of getting better players. That's my whole premise.

Give the OP a break, he posted it on here after we played a shit game and got embarrassed. I think a few of us have vented on here and at he end of that game I could of cared less if we make the playoffs. A little sleep and let the adrenaline subside and Im still pissed, but you know what it was 1 game, and I'm sure an ass kicking like that will piss some players off. I almost feel like they, and the fans to do was show up after the magical ride last year and the past 2 games had the feel. Nothing like getting punched in the nose to get back to reality. I expect a great effort next sunday and MIA or SD will lose.

We will clearly disagree.
    But you did just imply that picking at the bottom half of each round hurts your chances of getting better players. That's my whole premise.
    Wow. No offense but you completely misunderstood what I was saying. No way near close. But it's cool

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Give the OP a break, he posted it on here after we played a shit game and got embarrassed. I think a few of us have vented on here and at he end of that game I could of cared less if we make the playoffs. A little sleep and let the adrenaline subside and Im still pissed, but you know what it was 1 game, and I'm sure an ass kicking like that will piss some players off. I almost feel like they, and the fans to do was show up after the magical ride last year and the past 2 games had the feel. Nothing like getting punched in the nose to get back to reality. I expect a great effort next sunday and MIA or SD will lose.
    That's why we come on this board to vent but sometimes it gets out of control. Wishing your team to miss the playoffs so change will occurr in the off season? I'm mean what team doesn't attempt to change and get better regardless of where they end up?

My gut says you are right, my heart wants to be able to say otherwise.
    This is the organization who insisted the offense was fine during multiple offseasons in which we all thought Cameron getting fired was a foregone conclusion. They're not going to force a change on Harbaugh because of one mediocre season without a playoff berth the year after winning the Superbowl. I'd say it's more likely that Ozzie and Bisciotti will spend a half hour of the postseason press conference spinning offensive stats to insist that they were just fine.

Was not my intention at all... I participate regularly in the game day threads.

You've stated my point better than I've been able to apparently.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I misunderstood. So Cam WAS good enough to get us to the SB in 2011; just not in 2012.
    Apparently he wasn't he didn't keep his job in 2012.

That's not much difference than a coach eventually losing his team (which seems to be what's happening in NJ and NY).