Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68
  1. #31

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?



    Have you ever seen a team make offense look so hard? I knew we'd be in trouble this week after the hit to Flacco's knee against Det. My worst fears were realized, which was that he'd play no matter what, but really struggle because of the knee and brace, which is what happened, no matter what he says. He may have stunk anyway, but there's no doubt the brace, even more than the injury, affected him. Not an excuse, but a fact. Have you ever worn one? I've worn too many in my life. There's no way it doesn't affect you playing QB.

    The margin for error is already so slim in the NFL that this is the kind of seemingly small thing that can completely tip the scales. I remember thinking during this past week that the Ravens may just be better off ruling Joe out. Maybe they rally behind Tyrod and can pull out a win. Bad vibes all week. Everybody picking us to win. Winter's crew working (I use the term working loosely) the game. Those things right there were signs of things to come.

    What I have no explanation for is how the rest of the team and coaches so completely shit the bed in a game this important, at home no less. From our 1st offensive series on, we just looked disorganized and uninspired. Being there, it wasn't just bad, it was depressing. Bad tackling (tackling was one thing I was encouraged by last week, finally looked like a Ravens defense), Joe being off, no separation, back to being a sieve o line, ridiculous play calling.

    I knew we were done when the fumble was overturned late in the 1st half. This team just hasn't been in sync all year and this game was the culmination of that. This wasn't about the Patriots, though it had to happen against a quality opponent with the stakes so high. This team wouldn't have beaten anybody today.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 12-23-2013 at 06:31 AM.




  2. #32

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    The offense failed to step up when it was needed most (although, ironically, I thought the run game had a decent game).
    The defense fell behind early. I thought they did ok quarter 2 thru mid-way 4th, but never came up with a big play. Would have been nice if the fumble call had not been reversed.
    Flacco made some poor throws, and the tipped balls went the Patriots' way.
    Harbaugh made some very questionable decisions, imo. Going for it on 4th down with 12:00 left in the 3rd, and kicking a FG keeping them still 3 scores down were both very questionable...as was the decisions at the end of the game to keep playing, challenging calls.

    On the reverse side, the Patriots were on their game...as usual on offense, but their defense stepped up, too.

    Personally, I didn't see any signs of players or coaches "quitting". But maybe I am not as observant as others.




  3. #33

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Simple.

    Bellichek exposed everyone of the Crows weaknesses. No Pass Rush, shitty O-line, receivers that can't bean man coverage along with no routes to get guys open, and a sub-par day from Joe. And to top it all off, it seemed like everything bounced the Pats way as well. All adds up to one ugly loss.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,791
    The last two games have easily been the two worst coached games in the Harbaugh era. We were lucky to get bailed out by Tucker last week, and lucky to be playing against a collapsing Lions team and a Stafford who seems hellbent on giving games away lately. We played an opponent playing very bad football and won the turnover battle at +3 and still only won on a miracle last minute 60-yard field goal to bail out Harbaugh's atrocious coaching throughout that entire game.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    That's possible but this offense has had it's issues all year so I don't think we can use this as an excuse. Don't forget that during win streak TDs were still hard to come by and we've only scored 1 TD in our last 8 quarters.
    So he was wearing a leg brace in Buffalo?




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,791

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Simple.

    Bellichek exposed everyone of the Crows weaknesses. No Pass Rush, shitty O-line, receivers that can't bean man coverage along with no routes to get guys open, and a sub-par day from Joe. And to top it all off, it seemed like everything bounced the Pats way as well. All adds up to one ugly loss.
    That's the shit frosting on this garbage cake (ewwww): EVERYTHING bounce the Pats' way. Neither interception is typically intercepted in the NFL. Tipped passes caught just off the ground. Catchable balls anyway. Off target throws, yes, but Brady throws balls just like those every game too. Those were just more examples of a perfect storm of imprecision, bad luck, and good defense. Almost all of Joe's INTs this year seem to be on unlucky bullshit tipped balls that defenders barely catch off the ground.




  7. #37

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Simple.

    Bellichek exposed everyone of the Crows weaknesses. No Pass Rush, shitty O-line, receivers that can't bean man coverage along with no routes to get guys open, and a sub-par day from Joe. And to top it all off, it seemed like everything bounced the Pats way as well. All adds up to one ugly loss.
    Bolded and underlined for emphasis. We were BRUTALLY... BRUTALLY outcoached. This is what happens when the NFL's lowest-IQ coaching staff goes up against the highest-IQ coaching staff. EVERYTHING we rely on... was taken away. All of our weaknesses... were taken advantage of. All of their strengths were accentuated and all of their weaknesses were concealed.

    The Patriots don't have a talent edge anywhere on us other than QB. They were playing with backups on both sides of the line and they were already playing without a bunch of key players like Wilfork, Mayo, etc. But they obviously knew all of our tendencies and took advantage. When the other side knows EXACTLY what you're going to do on every single play, you get a game like last night's.

    And the worst part is, the Ravens let that get into their heads. As usual, they did not adjust in the second half, although they did come out with some fire initially; once the Pats caught a lucky break on the Pitta drop-INT you could see the wind go out of the Ravens' sails and the quit. They just quit. I am so disgusted and ashamed of our team right now that I almost can't bear it.




  8. #38

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Bolded and underlined for emphasis. We were BRUTALLY... BRUTALLY outcoached. This is what happens when the NFL's lowest-IQ coaching staff goes up against the highest-IQ coaching staff. EVERYTHING we rely on... was taken away. All of our weaknesses... were taken advantage of. All of their strengths were accentuated and all of their weaknesses were concealed.

    The Patriots don't have a talent edge anywhere on us other than QB. They were playing with backups on both sides of the line and they were already playing without a bunch of key players like Wilfork, Mayo, etc. But they obviously knew all of our tendencies and took advantage. When the other side knows EXACTLY what you're going to do on every single play, you get a game like last night's.

    And the worst part is, the Ravens let that get into their heads. As usual, they did not adjust in the second half, although they did come out with some fire initially; once the Pats caught a lucky break on the Pitta drop-INT you could see the wind go out of the Ravens' sails and the quit. They just quit. I am so disgusted and ashamed of our team right now that I almost can't bear it.
    This also explains why the "lowest IQ coaching staff" has NEVER beaten the Patriots.

    Wait....what?




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This also explains why the "lowest IQ coaching staff" has NEVER beaten the Patriots.

    Wait....what?
    This
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #40

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    You guys are nuts blaming this on Harbaugh.

    It's not his fault Flacco made some awful decisions. And your defense did a shut the Pats O for most of the second half.

    What surprised me was how much our backup OL and DL pushed your guys around.




  11. #41

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This also explains why the "lowest IQ coaching staff" has NEVER beaten the Patriots.

    Wait....what?
    I'm not hero-worshipping Belichick or the Pats. They're not perfect and we've found ways to beat them or keep even with them before. But do you disagree that we got outcoached last night? That one team looked hungry and one team did not? That one coaching staff seemed to be far more prepared schematically for what they were about to face?

    If the Ravens wouldn't have quit on the game maybe they could have still pulled it out. But they DID quit and you could see it all over them. I have been saying for a long time that the Ravens do not have great "football minds" for coaches, but they've been successful by getting the players to execute simple schemes well and keeping the games close. That's not sustainable long-term and last night, among so many other similar games this year, is proof positive of that.




  12. #42

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm not hero-worshipping Belichick or the Pats. They're not perfect and we've found ways to beat them or keep even with them before. But do you disagree that we got outcoached last night? That one team looked hungry and one team did not? That one coaching staff seemed to be far more prepared schematically for what they were about to face?
    Harbaugh made some questionable calls. I am tempted to say the team "wasn't ready to play", but I don't know what that means and in general, Harbaugh's teams are well-prepared. The team did not play well, and a patriots did and took advantage of the Ravens mistakes. It happens. It would have to happen many more times, over a sustained stretch, for me to conclude that a head coaching change was warranted.

    If the Ravens wouldn't have quit on the game maybe they could have still pulled it out. But they DID quit and you could see it all over them. I have been saying for a long time that the Ravens do not have great "football minds" for coaches, but they've been successful by getting the players to execute simple schemes well and keeping the games close. That's not sustainable long-term and last night, among so many other similar games this year, is proof positive of that.
    Personally, I didn't see signs of a team "quitting".




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,177
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    I also think that Joe was hurt much more then anyone in the organization was letting on.
    Even if that's so, he wasn't on the field for the defense. 41 points is a disgrace... Bc




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    You guys are nuts blaming this on Harbaugh.

    It's not his fault Flacco made some awful decisions. And your defense did a shut the Pats O for most of the second half.

    What surprised me was how much our backup OL and DL pushed your guys around.
    Pretty much spot on.

    The Harbs blame is more emotional IMO than it is rational.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    You guys are nuts blaming this on Harbaugh.

    It's not his fault Flacco made some awful decisions. And your defense did a shut the Pats O for most of the second half.

    What surprised me was how much our backup OL and DL pushed your guys around.
    Agreed. Flacco played very poorly yesterday. However, IMO the most appalling thing from yesterday's game was the fact that the Ravens could not run the ball versus a very banged up Pats DL, and how little pressure the Ravens were able to get on Brady against a banged up Pats OL. What has happened to Suggs and Dumervil?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland