Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

Because today made zero sense.

Thanks.

Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

Our inability to score TDs finally came back to haunt us. I'm going to give the Patriots credit. They came and punched us in the mouth in the 1st quarter and we really never recovered.

Our route tree is outdated. We can go vertical but can't complement that with sophisticated play design and disguise underneath. Patriots were determined not to let us go deep. Offense has been the Achilles heel all year

Blog Entries

I'll give it a try, after I finish puking.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This one really caught me off guard. I wanted to see the Ravens knock the Patriots back a game. This was hard to fathom at The Vault.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    This one really caught me off guard. I wanted to see the Ravens knock the Patriots back a game. This was hard to fathom at The Vault.
    Congratulations on winning the division (Pukes).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Easy. Superior coaching. We were totally outclassed, and we no longer have the talent to overcome the lack of football IQ of this coaching staff.

Our offense is one of the few worst in the league. And the Pats have a decent enough offense to score around 20 or so points on our defense.

Combine that with us mailing it in, and the Patriots continuing to play, once it became apparent we couldn't win, and you get a 41-7 final.

8. Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

Our coaches suck.
    With all the injuries and personnel changes to our offense, we don't have the playmakers to improvise with big plays to overcome our deficient coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Our inability to score TDs finally came back to haunt us. I'm going to give the Patriots credit. They came and punched us in the mouth in the 1st quarter and we really never recovered.

Our route tree is outdated. We can go vertical but can't complement that with sophisticated play design and disguise underneath. Patriots were determined not to let us go deep. Offense has been the Achilles heel all year
    I also think that Joe was hurt much more then anyone in the organization was letting on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    I also think that Joe was hurt much more then anyone in the organization was letting on.
    This.

This team simply mailed it in, that's all! Bisciotti should be ashamed of the way his product performed tonight...oh, and btw, how does Bellichek get away with those four fake injury timeouts tonight in an obvious effort to slow down our momentum. That is totally bush, not that it caused us to lose, certainly; we took care of that ourselves!
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 12-23-2013 at 12:21 AM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    This team simply mailed it in, that's all! Bisciotti should be ashamed of the way his product performed tonight...oh, btw, how does Bellichek get away with those four fake injury timeouts tonight in an obvious effort to slow down our momentum. That is totally bush, not that it caused us to lose - we certainly took care of that ourselves!
    I noticed that too. It seems that every time the Ravens made a play on offense, there was an "injured" patriot on the ground. They must really be careful with this, or the NFL will turn into soccer. They will soon need to start giving yellow and red cards to players faking injuries.

About the score, it was 20-7 midway through the second half. After the turnover on downs, the wheels fell off, it happens in the NFL. There's no way that this Patriots team is 41-7 better than the Ravens.