Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

Just...how did it make zero sense? Look at their previous games...they had issues scoring for the previous four weeks...all season really, but look at the output during the win streak...

1 TD, 4 FG against Jets
    1 TD, 5 FG against Steelers
    1 TD through 3Q's against the Vikings
    6 FGs against the Lions

Winning like that is not sustainable in today's NFL. I don't see where the result today was really that surprising with how things have been going with this offense.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

1 TD, 4 FG against Jets
    6 FGs against the Lions
    The consequence of dumping Boldin is blatantly obvious: Ravens held to only 4 TDs in 5 games --the "better" part of our season.

Picking on Harbaugh for coaching stupidity misses the mark ... why does Ozzie get a free pass from the fans on this board for this huge front office blunder?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

^ This. The ravens moved the ball up & down the feild but then then get on the goaline or short yardage and they try & run the ball See the Packers game. The end of the Bears game. tonight. It Finally took Flacco on a dive to score on the 2nd goaline series in the 4th. But yes the Pats punched us in the mouth like the Ravens did to Megatron. The Pats ran the ball down our throats. No pass rush and the Ravens let the only threat catch balls in key spots (Edelman)

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    I also think that Joe was hurt much more then anyone in the organization was letting on.
    They did seem to be pushing the run game too long even when down. I just think we need realize we should be a pass 1st team. Joe gets on a roll & we move the ball, it's been mentioned how a couple of Pat's injuries slowed drives a couple of times. It also seems at times they like to use Pierce too much. I also think that got out coached

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The consequence of dumping Boldin is blatantly obvious: Ravens held to only 4 TDs in 5 games --the "better" part of our season.

Picking on Harbaugh for coaching stupidity misses the mark ... why does Ozzie get a free pass from the fans on this board for this huge front office blunder?
    Letting Boldin go is on Ozzie but I think we used that money better for other missing parts. I think Brown has done a fine job. Play calling in Red Zone & short yardage has been an issue & that's on Harbs & his staff. The Castillio changes on the O-line. The failure of the D in key spots in the 4th quarter is Pees. Bringing Ryan Wagner in on the 1st play signals run, that kind of stuff. The ravens have weapons but they are used wrong. the Play vs Minny where Pitta scored that's the only time I've seen that run. Why? Jacoby Jones has done a better job at shorter routes & better hands this year but we hit the goaline he disappears why? That's on Harb's staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Just...how did it make zero sense? Look at their previous games...they had issues scoring for the previous four weeks...all season really, but look at the output during the win streak...

1 TD, 4 FG against Jets
    6 FGs against the Lions

Winning like that is not sustainable in today's NFL. I don't see where the result today was really that surprising with how things have been going with this offense.
    Great post.

What the Pats did to us was showcase just how bad our offense is, the offensive line in particular.

Marlon Brown is tough as nails though. Great seeing him work hard, tough out an injury, etc.

Have you ever seen a team make offense look so hard? I knew we'd be in trouble this week after the hit to Flacco's knee against Det. My worst fears were realized, which was that he'd play no matter what, but really struggle because of the knee and brace, which is what happened, no matter what he says. He may have stunk anyway, but there's no doubt the brace, even more than the injury, affected him. Not an excuse, but a fact. Have you ever worn one? I've worn too many in my life. There's no way it doesn't affect you playing QB.

The margin for error is already so slim in the NFL that this is the kind of seemingly small thing that can completely tip the scales. I remember thinking during this past week that the Ravens may just be better off ruling Joe out. Maybe they rally behind Tyrod and can pull out a win. Bad vibes all week. Everybody picking us to win. Winter's crew working (I use the term working loosely) the game. Those things right there were signs of things to come.

What I have no explanation for is how the rest of the team and coaches so completely shit the bed in a game this important, at home no less. From our 1st offensive series on, we just looked disorganized and uninspired. Being there, it wasn't just bad, it was depressing. Bad tackling (tackling was one thing I was encouraged by last week, finally looked like a Ravens defense), Joe being off, no separation, back to being a sieve o line, ridiculous play calling.

I knew we were done when the fumble was overturned late in the 1st half. This team just hasn't been in sync all year and this game was the culmination of that. This wasn't about the Patriots, though it had to happen against a quality opponent with the stakes so high. This team wouldn't have beaten anybody today.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 12-23-2013 at 06:31 AM.

The offense failed to step up when it was needed most (although, ironically, I thought the run game had a decent game).
    The defense fell behind early. I thought they did ok quarter 2 thru mid-way 4th, but never came up with a big play. Would have been nice if the fumble call had not been reversed.
    Flacco made some poor throws, and the tipped balls went the Patriots' way.
    Harbaugh made some very questionable decisions, imo. Going for it on 4th down with 12:00 left in the 3rd, and kicking a FG keeping them still 3 scores down were both very questionable...as was the decisions at the end of the game to keep playing, challenging calls.

On the reverse side, the Patriots were on their game...as usual on offense, but their defense stepped up, too.

Personally, I didn't see any signs of players or coaches "quitting". But maybe I am not as observant as others.

Simple.

Bellichek exposed everyone of the Crows weaknesses. No Pass Rush, shitty O-line, receivers that can't bean man coverage along with no routes to get guys open, and a sub-par day from Joe. And to top it all off, it seemed like everything bounced the Pats way as well. All adds up to one ugly loss.

The last two games have easily been the two worst coached games in the Harbaugh era. We were lucky to get bailed out by Tucker last week, and lucky to be playing against a collapsing Lions team and a Stafford who seems hellbent on giving games away lately. We played an opponent playing very bad football and won the turnover battle at +3 and still only won on a miracle last minute 60-yard field goal to bail out Harbaugh's atrocious coaching throughout that entire game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    That's possible but this offense has had it's issues all year so I don't think we can use this as an excuse. Don't forget that during win streak TDs were still hard to come by and we've only scored 1 TD in our last 8 quarters.
    So he was wearing a leg brace in Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Simple.

Bellichek exposed everyone of the Crows weaknesses. No Pass Rush, shitty O-line, receivers that can't bean man coverage along with no routes to get guys open, and a sub-par day from Joe. And to top it all off, it seemed like everything bounced the Pats way as well. All adds up to one ugly loss.
    That's the shit frosting on this garbage cake (ewwww): EVERYTHING bounce the Pats' way. Neither interception is typically intercepted in the NFL. Tipped passes caught just off the ground. Catchable balls anyway. Off target throws, yes, but Brady throws balls just like those every game too. Those were just more examples of a perfect storm of imprecision, bad luck, and good defense. Almost all of Joe's INTs this year seem to be on unlucky bullshit tipped balls that defenders barely catch off the ground.