Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Can someone intelligently explain how we lost 41-7 at home to the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Simple.

Bellichek exposed everyone of the Crows weaknesses. No Pass Rush, shitty O-line, receivers that can't bean man coverage along with no routes to get guys open, and a sub-par day from Joe. And to top it all off, it seemed like everything bounced the Pats way as well. All adds up to one ugly loss.
    Bolded and underlined for emphasis. We were BRUTALLY... BRUTALLY outcoached. This is what happens when the NFL's lowest-IQ coaching staff goes up against the highest-IQ coaching staff. EVERYTHING we rely on... was taken away. All of our weaknesses... were taken advantage of. All of their strengths were accentuated and all of their weaknesses were concealed.

The Patriots don't have a talent edge anywhere on us other than QB. They were playing with backups on both sides of the line and they were already playing without a bunch of key players like Wilfork, Mayo, etc. But they obviously knew all of our tendencies and took advantage. When the other side knows EXACTLY what you're going to do on every single play, you get a game like last night's.

And the worst part is, the Ravens let that get into their heads. As usual, they did not adjust in the second half, although they did come out with some fire initially; once the Pats caught a lucky break on the Pitta drop-INT you could see the wind go out of the Ravens' sails and the quit. They just quit. I am so disgusted and ashamed of our team right now that I almost can't bear it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Bolded and underlined for emphasis. We were BRUTALLY... BRUTALLY outcoached. This is what happens when the NFL's lowest-IQ coaching staff goes up against the highest-IQ coaching staff. EVERYTHING we rely on... was taken away. All of our weaknesses... were taken advantage of. All of their strengths were accentuated and all of their weaknesses were concealed.

The Patriots don't have a talent edge anywhere on us other than QB. They were playing with backups on both sides of the line and they were already playing without a bunch of key players like Wilfork, Mayo, etc. But they obviously knew all of our tendencies and took advantage. When the other side knows EXACTLY what you're going to do on every single play, you get a game like last night's.

And the worst part is, the Ravens let that get into their heads. As usual, they did not adjust in the second half, although they did come out with some fire initially; once the Pats caught a lucky break on the Pitta drop-INT you could see the wind go out of the Ravens' sails and the quit. They just quit. I am so disgusted and ashamed of our team right now that I almost can't bear it.
    This also explains why the "lowest IQ coaching staff" has NEVER beaten the Patriots.

Wait....what?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This also explains why the "lowest IQ coaching staff" has NEVER beaten the Patriots.

Wait....what?
    This

You guys are nuts blaming this on Harbaugh.

It's not his fault Flacco made some awful decisions. And your defense did a shut the Pats O for most of the second half.

What surprised me was how much our backup OL and DL pushed your guys around.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

Wait....what?
    I'm not hero-worshipping Belichick or the Pats. They're not perfect and we've found ways to beat them or keep even with them before. But do you disagree that we got outcoached last night? That one team looked hungry and one team did not? That one coaching staff seemed to be far more prepared schematically for what they were about to face?

If the Ravens wouldn't have quit on the game maybe they could have still pulled it out. But they DID quit and you could see it all over them. I have been saying for a long time that the Ravens do not have great "football minds" for coaches, but they've been successful by getting the players to execute simple schemes well and keeping the games close. That's not sustainable long-term and last night, among so many other similar games this year, is proof positive of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm not hero-worshipping Belichick or the Pats. They're not perfect and we've found ways to beat them or keep even with them before. But do you disagree that we got outcoached last night? That one team looked hungry and one team did not? That one coaching staff seemed to be far more prepared schematically for what they were about to face?
    Harbaugh made some questionable calls. I am tempted to say the team "wasn't ready to play", but I don't know what that means and in general, Harbaugh's teams are well-prepared. The team did not play well, and a patriots did and took advantage of the Ravens mistakes. It happens. It would have to happen many more times, over a sustained stretch, for me to conclude that a head coaching change was warranted.

If the Ravens wouldn't have quit on the game maybe they could have still pulled it out. But they DID quit and you could see it all over them. I have been saying for a long time that the Ravens do not have great "football minds" for coaches, but they've been successful by getting the players to execute simple schemes well and keeping the games close. That's not sustainable long-term and last night, among so many other similar games this year, is proof positive of that.
    Personally, I didn't see signs of a team "quitting".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    I also think that Joe was hurt much more then anyone in the organization was letting on.
    Even if that's so, he wasn't on the field for the defense. 41 points is a disgrace... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post

It's not his fault Flacco made some awful decisions. And your defense did a shut the Pats O for most of the second half.

Pretty much spot on.

The Harbs blame is more emotional IMO than it is rational.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post

Agreed. Flacco played very poorly yesterday. However, IMO the most appalling thing from yesterday's game was the fact that the Ravens could not run the ball versus a very banged up Pats DL, and how little pressure the Ravens were able to get on Brady against a banged up Pats OL. What has happened to Suggs and Dumervil?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Even if that's so, he wasn't on the field for the defense. 41 points is a disgrace... Bc
    14 of which were scored when the defense was on the bench.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pretty much spot on.

The Harbs blame is more emotional IMO than it is rational.
    There is definitely some emotion to it, but this team has a pattern of playing down to their opponents and getting beaten by teams that have star players and key players out.

IMO, there is something that just isn't being addressed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There is definitely some emotion to it, but this team has a pattern of playing down to their opponents and getting beaten by teams that have star players and key players out.

IMO, there is something that just isn't being addressed.
    Perhaps.

But the calls of him having a low football IQ, quitting, scared, etc are flat out nonsense.

We are not even a year from one of the best coached playoff teams ever. The man knows his job and knows it well.