Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Sure his stats suck, but remember, Joe's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    For those who don't want Flacco, who would you want next year? Vick? Cutler? Freeman? Cassel? McCown? Start a rookie? Any of those sound like winning options. Not all those guys will be cheap either. If you did go cheap and signed Matt Cassel and paid huge money for Brandon Albert and Hakeem Nicks, do you really believe that the Ravens offense would be better? I just don't see it.
    Tebow!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    What was his excuse for the majority of the season prior to his injury 5 quarters ago? He's just not good this year. Lots of teams have shit lines and injuries so spare me. He's getting paid like a top 3 QB and playing like Mark Sanchez. These days I can barely keep a straight face when I try to defend his play to friends and co-workers.
    Riddled with bullshit. Playing like Sanchez? Really? I have no more to say.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Hey I'm about as a Joe 'homer' as they come, but he played very poor yesterday. I think the biggest problem with the injury was that since he did not practice, he was mentally off. He made a lot of poor reads. Joe isn't the greatest QB with pre-snap recognition, but yesterday, he was uncharacteristically bad. First drive in the 3Q on 4th down, I really don't know how Joe didn't pre-snap recognize that Torrey was gonna be wide open over the middle. He obviously 'pre-determined' targets a lot more in this game than normal, probably b/c he didn't want to get hit and hurt more. Unfortunately, those were bad reads. I could only explain this as Joe needs that mental practice during the week to be a sharp Joe Flacco.

Hey I'm not shitting on Joe that he is horrible. Joe is a winner and his play rarely doesn't give us an opportunity to win every game. I'm just trying to reason out why it was one of those rare stinkers Joe put up.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 12-23-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries

His knee physically limited his play. I don't care what flacco or the coaches say. The injury is a 2-3 week injury. You probably aren't supposed to be playing an NFL game after such an injury 6 days prior. Joe has traditionally played very well against this team. He didn't play well yesterday, but he was injured, so I have a hard time not blaming the injury as a major factor. It was on his mind and was an issue physically and mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Flacco has been sacked 44 times this season after last night, which is the 4th most behind the Jets, Dolphins and Jaguars. This isn't even taking into consideration hurries, pressures and hits. In addition, the Ravens have the third fewest rushing yards and they are dead last in yards per carry. The other teams down there with them have below "500" records.

So tell us again how crap OL play doesn't impact the play of the QB and the ability of the total offense to produce points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many of those sacks are on Joe though? Yesterday he fell down on his own which resulted in a sack, and he also stepped up into the pocket when there was a ton of room to the right. He basically walked into the sack.

I get that the OL is bad, but sometimes Joe deserves blame for being sacked.

Pretty much the replies I expected. After a good night's sleep I still feel the same way. There is a good chance he ends the season with more picks than touchdowns. I am not sure how you can defend that. I'm not a Flacco basher either. Just very disappointed in his play this year. I even drafted him as my backup QB in fantasy as a sleeper.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    How many of those sacks are on Joe though? Yesterday he fell down on his own which resulted in a sack, and he also stepped up into the pocket when there was a ton of room to the right. He basically walked into the sack.

How often have you seen him trip? Not very. Gee I wonder if that knee/knee brace was an issue...

Throw in a sprained MCL on top of the OL and run game...you aren't gonna have good results.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    How often have you seen him trip? Not very. Gee I wonder if that knee/knee brace was an issue...
    What's your point? I'm not saying the reason he fell wasn't because of the knee.

He was still the reason for the sack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    Pretty much the replies I expected. After a good night's sleep I still feel the same way. There is a good chance he ends the season with more picks than touchdowns. I am not sure how you can defend that. I'm not a Flacco basher either. Just very disappointed in his play this year. I even drafted him as my backup QB in fantasy as a sleeper.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Flacco had a bad season. It happens. It's a lot more likely to happen when your offense game plan consists of throwing the deep ball down field as often as the Ravens do. This almost looks like the old Jets offense with Joe Namath at QB. It's something I really hope they look at in the offseason.

Blog Entries

Can someone show me a QB that had his knee buckled by a helmet the prior game and played well? Unimpeded by the injury?

Our offense sucks no doubt. Flacco is a responsible.

This injury though has been undersold by the entire team including flacco.

Dumb thread and frankly, I'm disappointed some of you took and are taking the bait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

And how many sacks has Flacco avoided by scrambling and rolling out?

That goes both ways and still doesn't negate the fact that the OL is REALLY bad this year and the offensive play design isn't helping the situation at all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.