Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,604

    Re: Win next week and we are in?



    Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Just as long as the steelers don't make it I'll be happy

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I figured the Dolphins and Charger's planes had to crash in order for the Steelers to get in. They just refuse to go away.
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,145
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    well...6 straight non-losing seasons ain't bad.

    I wish I could say 6 straight winning seasons...we'll see.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,425
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I figured the Dolphins and Charger's planes had to crash in order for the Steelers to get in. They just refuse to go away.
    The Steelers could still get in via some bizarre tiebreakers..

    The way the season has gone it wouldn't surprise me at all if they got in.




  4. #34

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Steelers could still get in via some bizarre tiebreakers..

    The way the season has gone it wouldn't surprise me at all if they got in.
    Their tiebreakers aren't all that bizarre.

    It can easily be argued they have a better chance of getting in than we do.

    They need to beat Cleveland and:

    Cincy to beat us
    Jets to beat Miami
    KC to beat SD

    The least likely of those three, imo, is SD to lose to KC when KC might play a lot of backups for a lot of the game.

    That said, I don't think the #6 seed from the AFC, no matter who it is, is going to be going very far.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    No, we need a Miami or SD loss, even with a win.

    Don't count on playoffs anymore. Just don't see it.
    You're probably right and Ravens don't deserve it after this game but Sandusky said after the game that they
    need a lot of help to get in. We're odd man out if it's a tie with SD and Miami. we have to win next week and get a lot of
    help.

    Ravens no longer control their own destiny.




  6. #36

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    If all 4 teams that are still in the hunt loose, we get in. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229004~1




  7. #37

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    If all 4 teams that are still in the hunt loose, we get in. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229004~1
    *Lose...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2




  8. #38

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Our record is reflecting what we've looked like the vast majority of the year.

    An average team whose playoff chances would go down to the wire.

    I love this team and can never turn away from the games, but this has been one of the most "unfun" Ravens team I can remember watching. And nothing has improved throughout the season.

    Today, I said last week that I was concerned with his knee injury considering the last time he had a significant injury (his hip in 09), he really struggled down the stretch with his accuracy.

    A sprained MCL is no light injury.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    They were not outclassed, they just played like crap on offense, Brady was not overwhelming nor was their Defense, we just played like crap, remember the DEN game last year? Manning was not killing it nor was their D, it was us
    27-7 at Home! That is completely outclassed and embarrassed. It was a pathetic performance by the whole team. And that was before they threw in the towel
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  10. #40

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    We'll get pulverized next week. These aren't your Daddy's Ravens.




  11. #41

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We'll get pulverized next week. These aren't your Daddy's Ravens.
    I don't completely agree. Harbaugh has a strange way of challenging this team, so I think they have a chance. Maybe Cincy will be overconfident? Dalton is unpredictable
    And the Beatdown goes on.......




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    I thought we had the tie breaker over the dolphins?




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    777
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I thought we had the tie breaker over the dolphins?
    Only head to head. Not in a 3 way tie.

    Here is the thing about next week's schedule: if we can beat the Bengals in the early game, San Diego will be eliminated before they kick off against KC no matter what.

    If we win and the Dolphins win, a Chargers' victory puts the Dolphins in. If we win and the Dolphins lose, we are in no matter what. Either way, SD can't get in if we win our early game. The only way it matters to them is if both the Ravens and Dolphins lose (as I believe the Dolphins have the advantage over them in a tie).

    That doesn't mean that if we win, SD will lay an egg. They could play for a winning season and thereby eliminate us if the Dolphins win. But if we win, we could affect SD's motivation in the late game.

    Of course, we have to win first and if we play like we did today. That won't happen.

    Someone check me on this but I think this is right.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, MD
    Posts
    747

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

    BS




  15. #45

    Re: Win next week and we are in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Only head to head. Not in a 3 way tie.

    Here is the thing about next week's schedule: if we can beat the Bengals in the early game, San Diego will be eliminated before they kick off against KC no matter what.

    If we win and the Dolphins win, a Chargers' victory puts the Dolphins in. If we win and the Dolphins lose, we are in no matter what. Either way, SD can't get in if we win our early game. The only way it matters to them is if both the Ravens and Dolphins lose (as I believe the Dolphins have the advantage over them in a tie).

    That doesn't mean that if we win, SD will lay an egg. They could play for a winning season and thereby eliminate us if the Dolphins win. But if we win, we could affect SD's motivation in the late game.

    Of course, we have to win first and if we play like we did today. That won't happen.

    Someone check me on this but I think this is right.
    We knew it was going to be tough this year, but guess what at least this team did not pack it in when they were 4-6. They have giving us something to root for in final game of the season. If they lose then we look forward to next year if we win and Miami loses or San Diego loses then we cheer for another week. Let's just hope they come out firing on all cylinders next Sunday!!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland