Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Win next week and we are in?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    If all 4 teams that are still in the hunt loose, we get in. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229004~1
    *Lose...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Our record is reflecting what we've looked like the vast majority of the year.

An average team whose playoff chances would go down to the wire.

I love this team and can never turn away from the games, but this has been one of the most "unfun" Ravens team I can remember watching. And nothing has improved throughout the season.

Today, I said last week that I was concerned with his knee injury considering the last time he had a significant injury (his hip in 09), he really struggled down the stretch with his accuracy.

A sprained MCL is no light injury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    They were not outclassed, they just played like crap on offense, Brady was not overwhelming nor was their Defense, we just played like crap, remember the DEN game last year? Manning was not killing it nor was their D, it was us
    27-7 at Home! That is completely outclassed and embarrassed. It was a pathetic performance by the whole team. And that was before they threw in the towel

We'll get pulverized next week. These aren't your Daddy's Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We'll get pulverized next week. These aren't your Daddy's Ravens.
    I don't completely agree. Harbaugh has a strange way of challenging this team, so I think they have a chance. Maybe Cincy will be overconfident? Dalton is unpredictable
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

I thought we had the tie breaker over the dolphins?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I thought we had the tie breaker over the dolphins?
    Only head to head. Not in a 3 way tie.

Here is the thing about next week's schedule: if we can beat the Bengals in the early game, San Diego will be eliminated before they kick off against KC no matter what.

If we win and the Dolphins win, a Chargers' victory puts the Dolphins in. If we win and the Dolphins lose, we are in no matter what. Either way, SD can't get in if we win our early game. The only way it matters to them is if both the Ravens and Dolphins lose (as I believe the Dolphins have the advantage over them in a tie).

That doesn't mean that if we win, SD will lay an egg. They could play for a winning season and thereby eliminate us if the Dolphins win. But if we win, we could affect SD's motivation in the late game.

Of course, we have to win first and if we play like we did today. That won't happen.

Someone check me on this but I think this is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Only head to head. Not in a 3 way tie.

Here is the thing about next week's schedule: if we can beat the Bengals in the early game, San Diego will be eliminated before they kick off against KC no matter what.

If we win and the Dolphins win, a Chargers' victory puts the Dolphins in. If we win and the Dolphins lose, we are in no matter what. Either way, SD can't get in if we win our early game. The only way it matters to them is if both the Ravens and Dolphins lose (as I believe the Dolphins have the advantage over them in a tie).

That doesn't mean that if we win, SD will lay an egg. They could play for a winning season and thereby eliminate us if the Dolphins win. But if we win, we could affect SD's motivation in the late game.

Of course, we have to win first and if we play like we did today. That won't happen.

Someone check me on this but I think this is right.
    We knew it was going to be tough this year, but guess what at least this team did not pack it in when they were 4-6. They have giving us something to root for in final game of the season. If they lose then we look forward to next year if we win and Miami loses or San Diego loses then we cheer for another week. Let's just hope they come out firing on all cylinders next Sunday!!

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    None of us, Dolphins or Chargers control our own destiny anymore.

We're in with a win and a loss by either Dolphins or Chargers.

Dolphins are in with a win and a loss by us.

Chargers are in with a win and losses by both us and Dolphins.

If everyone loses Dolphins are in.
    So we should be rooting for the Dolphins then? If the Dolphins win, it officially eliminates San Diego, which might make their game a tad less meaningful. Wouldn't it be ironic if both teams won, only to have their fate determined by a team that has officially be eliminated?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    So we should be rooting for the Dolphins then? If the Dolphins win, it officially eliminates San Diego, which might make their game a tad less meaningful. Wouldn't it be ironic if both teams won, only to have their fate determined by a team that has officially be eliminated?
    No. If we win and the Dolphins lose, we are in no matter what. If the Dolphins win, we would need help from KC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Next week, cheer for the Ravens, Jets, Chiefs and Browns. If we win, we need one of the Jets or Chiefs to win. If we lose, we need Jets, Chiefs and Browns to win.