Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF is Torrey?

WTF is Torrey?

I know its only the 3rd quarter but the guys been missing for a month. can't judge the deep ball anymore, can't run good clean patterns.. .

Blog Entries

Re: WTF is Torrey?

He needs better coaching. He has too much potential to constantly ask him to round out his routes and he should be doing a better job of locating the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Torrey is a hell of a player.

He isn't being used properly and he just isn't a good enough of a route runner to be a true #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

He isn't being used properly and he just isn't a good enough of a route runner to be a true #1.

I would agree with you on this. Torrey is not a #1 no matter how much people try to talk him up to be one. He ends up with gaudy Yards Per Catch, but he disappears for ages at a time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The coaching is terrible with these WRs. Marlon Brown is the only one with a resemblance of quality WR nuances. i.e. Body control, hand snatching consistently, ball location.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

He "disappears" because defenses bracket him high/low and play inside to force him out to the boundary.

They can do this because they know nobody else is going to get open during the Ravens' plays, which develop at glacier-like speed. Not only is there nobody talented enough to take the coverage off Torrey, but even if there were, the scheme would not permit such a talent the opportunity.

It feels like we're now 100percent back to the Cam offense, only with shittier run blocking.

Was there even 1 slant ran today, Its hard to get YAC when all patterns are to the sidelines. I know everyone knows that you have a better chance for a big play when your pass pattern is heading towards the endzone. Why don't the coaches?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The coaching is terrible with these WRs. Marlon Brown is the only one with a resemblance of quality WR nuances. i.e. Body control, hand snatching consistently, ball location.
    I would agree with that.

Question: who was the primary wideout opposite Torrey all day? For all the complaints about Torrey disappearing, who the hell was on the other side? Was it Brown? Jones? Who could tell?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

I would agree with that.

Question: who was the primary wideout opposite Torrey all day? For all the complaints about Torrey disappearing, who the hell was on the other side? Was it Brown? Jones? Who could tell?
    Jacoby out wide and Brown in the slot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I would agree with that.

Jones isn't scaring anybody. Not within fifteen yards of the ball. The catch he made last week with his hands was the first one he's made with his hands all season. I don't wanna get into dissing him though, he's played hard this year, given good effort, I just think he's maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The fact that he is a rookie simply means that this offensive coaching staff has not had enough time to beat the good habits out of him lol
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

He's a good number 2 that stretches the field.

He is not the number one guy many on the board proclaimed him to be after the first 5 games.

I don't have problems with him...we are just expecting a little more than he can give IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.