Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF is Torrey?

Blog Entries

Re: WTF is Torrey?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jones isn't scaring anybody. Not within fifteen yards of the ball. The catch he made last week with his hands was the first one he's made with his hands all season. I don't wanna get into dissing him though, he's played hard this year, given good effort, I just think he's maxed out.
    i was actually surprised he caught that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jones isn't scaring anybody. Not within fifteen yards of the ball. The catch he made last week with his hands was the first one he's made with his hands all season. I don't wanna get into dissing him though, he's played hard this year, given good effort, I just think he's maxed out.
    I hear ya. I can't rip the guy either - he is what he is. Not his fault this team is somehow relying on him as a #2 WR when we don't even have a true #1 . Totally agree -- he plays his ass off, problem is he's pretty limited as a WR.

Next to Tucker, Jones is the team MVP.

Blog Entries

Would also add, with 69 yards today, Torrey now has 1,101. Third best in team history, with one game left.

The team record is Michael Jackson with 1,201 in 1996. Then next is Qadry with 1,105 in 1999. So for all the "disappearing" Torrey could easily get 101 next week to break the team record for receiving yards, and will for sure pass Qadry (needing only 5 yards next week to do it) for #2.

Blog Entries

Again...Torrey is a low end #1 at best. He's a copy of Mike Wallace with the only difference being that Torrey gives you better effort on a play to play basis. He is who he is. He's going to accumulate a lot of yardage on the big plays, but he's not going to be a consistent receiver play to play, game to game, not a receiver who routinely makes the tough catches, not a big red zone threat, etc.

Like Raveninwoodlawn said...I don't have a problem with him...he's honestly blown past my expectations of him going into this year. The people expecting him to be more than he is just had unrealistic expectations IMO...even with that, guy has over 1100 yards. That's not bad...and besides, Torrey and the other top two receivers are not the problem...it is the offense they run that is the problem.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Again...Torrey is a low end #1 at best. He's a copy of Mike Wallace with the only difference being that Torrey gives you better effort on a play to play basis. He is who he is. He's going to accumulate a lot of yardage on the big plays, but he's not going to be a consistent receiver play to play, game to game, not a receiver who routinely makes the tough catches, not a big red zone threat, etc.

Like Raveninwoodlawn said...I don't have a problem with him...he's honestly blown past my expectations of him going into this year. The people expecting him to be more than he is just had unrealistic expectations IMO...even with that, guy has over 1100 yards. That's not bad...and besides, Torrey and the other top two receivers are not the problem...it is the offense they run that is the problem.
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The problem is this offense scheme predicates our receivers to get open on their own against press. We really don't have the physical guys to do it.