Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: WTF has happened to our crowd?

I cant speak for others but i know every game no matter if its preseason regular season or post season I yell as loud as I can for every defensive play and stand for every 3rd or 4th down play. So I am always as loud as possible no matter what the score is

Blog Entries

FWIW I was talking to a friend last night who was at the game (PSL owner) who said before the game he saw a lot more people than usual looking at their tickets trying to figure out where they were sitting, He interpreted that to mean a lot more regulars than usual had sold or given away their seats for whatever reason. Anecdote, just passing it along...

I was switching from the Cincy/Minn and Buff/Mia game and it appeared that the crowd was a lot louder in Buffalo then Cincy. Fox carried the Cincy game & CBS the Buffalo game so I do not know if the networks have different sound variations but Buffalo was definitely louder with less people in the stands.

It is plenty loud at the stadium. The last game... well, the tone was set early. it is hard to do much else than face-palm at the embarrasisng spectacle that rolled out of the Ravens locker room. If the team need the crowd to be loud, then give them a reason to be loud. It is hard to cheer for low standards.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

It was plenty loud during much of the game but the Fans were definitely getting antsy over the lack of scoring. I've noticed a kind of phenomenon during crappy games like these when the crowd wants desperately to will their team to win (or at least score a TD fer cryin out loud!) and sure enough they started hollering down, even chanting for us to get up and fire them all the hell up lol. There was an injury time out but thankfully our guy was just slightly injured and quickly got off the field. They went to commercial and there was a rare moment without loud music on the PA. The Fans were about begging for a Cheer (normally reserved for scores), so in a game when the stinkin New England Cheatriots were whomping our ass in the last home game of the year, 7 sections of die hard Fans got up and cheered "R-A-V-E-N-S RAVENS!!!" at the top of their lungs. It reverbrated around the stadium. A few minutes later they got their reward as the Ravens scored their only TD, and the ensuing Cheer spread halfway round the West Endzone.

Baltimore Fandom is fine.
    GO RAVENS!!!
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 12-25-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

The thread title should be "WTF has happened to our Offense" I was at the game and the crowd was good for the crap game our coaches put together. The "players did not execute" is a bullshit excuse for bad coaching and play calling which was highlighted by the 3 and 1 followed by a 4 and 1 on the goalline.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1998 View Post
    The thread title should be "WTF has happened to our Offense" I was at the game and the crowd was good for the crap game our coaches put together. The "players did not execute" is a bullshit excuse for bad coaching and play calling which was highlighted by the 3 and 1 followed by a 4 and 1 on the goalline.
    Agree! I thought the crowd started out really loud especially during the Patriots first possession which was a three and out. Then the special teams personal foul penalty during Jacoby's punt return set the Ravens back to their six yard line. Not getting a first down on that possession made it a change of possession yardage game. That plus the next two penalties against the Ravens basically put the Ravens in the hole they couldn't get out of. The offensive play calling was just plain awful.

I was surprised fans stayed so long at the game even after time and time again the Ravens offense stalled or turned the ball over AND that the Ravens defense were able to hold the Patriots to only 20 points well into the second half!

If Bluto of Animal House were alive today he's say. "Where is the Ravens fans I used to know, where is the spirit."