Some Salt Lake City Sanity for the Ravens

Just saw a blurb in today's SLC Tribune that I wanted to pass along...

New England at Baltimore, 2:25 p.m., Ch. 2 » "Isn’t it so impressive," asks everyone drinking the New England Kool-Aid, "that the Patriots are so good despite losing so many key players?" OK, I’ll bite. Yes, the Pats lost Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead and Aaron Hernandez in the offseason, and yes, the Pats lost Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo and Rob Gronkowski during the season. You know who the Ravens lost from their Super Bowl roster? Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Paul Kruger, Anquan Boldin, Matt Birk, Dannell Ellerbe and Cary Williams. Where’s the love for Baltimore? Maybe if John Harbaugh wore a hoodie and Joe Flacco married a model you’d be impressed.

Blog Entries

Re: Some Salt Lake City Sanity for the Ravens

From what I can tell the Trib is the voice of objectivity in your town...if the Deseret News is the official Latter-Day Saints organ, the Trib represents the Later-The-Same-Day Sinners--of whom there are more lurking there than most of us Gentiles suppose...

(FWIW, On my only visit to SLC a colleague who'd moved there to set up a professional practice told me that it was a nice place to live--everything seemed to be in order & working well & folks are courteous--but that anyone who wasn't LDS was essentially a guest. A very well treated guest...but a guest nonetheless.)