Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Bengals Game In Danger of Being Blacked Out

Well, any chance it's because it's against the Vikings (not a hot team) 4 days before christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Well, any chance it's because it's against the Vikings (not a hot team) 4 days before christmas?
    Thread winner!

Do you think if they were playing the Pats and we were playing the Vikes that we would be in danger of a black out and they would be sold out?

I don't.
    "Chin up, chest out."

There wouldn't be a blackout here 3 days before Christmas even if the Jags were in town. The Bengals players and owner were so bad for so long, IMO they lost a lot of fans permanently. It isn't like Cleveland, where suffering is considered part of the experience.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Keep in mind that this week's game is not nearly as critical for the Bengals as it is for the Ravens. Even if they lose, they're still playing for the AFC North title in the finale.

The bungals dont even control their owb destiny for rhe 6th seed anymore. If we win out, miami win out and ne win week 17 bengals arent in.

But I also think if we win out, miami wins out, ne get beat week 17 and bengals win this week, it's new England that go home.

How the tide has turned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    So $16 dollar tickets is "priced out"?
    You've got a good point, but that's really not the whole story. What does parking, food, and liquid refreshment co$t ? Plus how many $16 seats are set aside, and where are those seats located ? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

Really? I can go out to TiqIQ right now and get in for about $15 (a price which will no doubt drop over the next 48 hours).:
    two weeks ago I was working in Jacksonville. Got a ticket for the Jags-Texans game off Stubhub for $9.42. LOL

Maybe Cincy can start tarping off part of their seats to avoid blackouts. It works in JAX (even though their owner still buys up the 10k+ remaining tickets that never get sold).

Hell Oakland built an entire new upper deck for football.. and then tarped it to avoid blackouts. Now they are tarping individual upper sections in addition to that new monster upper deck that is tarped off. It's all pretty humorous when you think about it.

"We're sold out baby!!" Even though 15,000 seats out of 60,000 are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I find the Blackout Rule unreasonable. In most markets the average fan is either priced-out or does not have access to the luxury corporate boxes. So the NFL rules that if X number of fans don't attend, the game won't be shown in their city...the city/state where the fans (average working class people) paid taxes to build or renovate stadiums, parking facilities, roads leading to the games, and added public transport, out of their own pockets. IMO this is blackmail of the public... Bc
    I don't find it unreasonable. They own the games and can show them or not. There is no entitlement to televised football. However, it is bad business. Games on tv are advertisement. Why would you think that people who don't get to see the team play are going to go buy tickets just to see it? More likely, they become less connected to the team and buy fewer tickets and less merchandise. Every single game not on is 6.25 percent of your tv inventory. A team that doesn't sell out a game is likely to not sellout others. So, what happens? The fan at home either watches nothing (or non football programming) and it taken away from the market or watches another game and connects to those teams.

Bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Do you think if they were playing the Pats and we were playing the Vikes that we would be in danger of a black out and they would be sold out?

I don't.
    No, maybe a white out though..... :p

Makes me want to buy a throwback Vikings jersey (Tommy Kramer?) and drive to Cincy this weekend.